Quite Concerned

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kinkypinky23, Jul 25, 2003.

1. kinkypinky23

kinkypinky23 New Member

Yet more new symptoms I an having.

Chronic chest pain which as been fully investigated by doctors but am still suffering with. It is hard to pinpoint exactly where the pain is but it radiates into my back and is quite sharp.

Doctor has put me on omeprazole for indigestion like symptoms I am convinced this is probably GERD but am not sure. Feeling of something stuck in the throat, phlegm in the throat, chronic blocked nose and shortness of breath. Apparantly my chest is clear. Wondered if Sinusitis or Post nasal drip could be a cause of this?

More problems pain in my calfs, thighs and occasionally arms, tingling in head and fingers, pain in fingers, pins and needles and twitching mainly in the left calf muscle. The pain isnt severe.

To put it bluntly I am feeling like Sh** and I feel so tired i cant think and i feel like i wanna pass out.

My GP is suspecting CFS/FM but is waiting for results of a test for cushings syndrome although my symptoms dont suggest this.

Just wondered really if these were typical symtoms of CFS/FM?

Just venting also.

Kink...

2. sierrasioux

sierrasioux New Member

Have you had a test to check out your gallbladder?
  3. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

and I've gone through the chest work-up and occasionally have the costrochondritis. I think that you do have FMS. I hope you get your answer soon. They waiting is awful. dolsgirl
  4. kinkypinky23

kinkypinky23 New Member

I am glad you mentioned that as I am being booked in for an ultrasound on my abdomen to check for probs with the gallbladder but my GP has said that although there is some chest pain which is consistant with gallbladder problem, some of the pain is too high up in the chest to be linked. I did wonder if this pain could be GERD and I am having that looked at in a couple of weeks.

There does appear to be some problem because of severe distention in my abdomen (i look like i am 9 months pregnant) but nothing can be found when i am examined.

Neurological problems still make my GP believe his is some kind of immune/hormonal problem.

Hopefully I will get to the bottom of it soon as this has been going on for over 18 months.
  5. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Sounds pretty typical of FM/CFS.

I often have chest pain, been to ER with it, have had many tests on 3 occassions - nothing wrong w/heart. Thank goodness, I guess - no I'm sure. It's just scary when you have chest pains and they find nothing. Usually I have a "tender to the touch" point on my chest which seems to affect the whole chest area, around sides and through back.

Sinus problems: when it's bad I take the small pink benadryl every nite, have cut way back on milk since it produces mucous, am considering starting a daily spray of a nasal saline mist to keep the tissues lubricated.

My feet feel horrible, can't stand for long or walk long distances without them feeling like they're on fire. This is how I got my handicapped parking license plates, it has really helped, I can go shopping about once a month now.

Pains run down my arms and legs. Have tingling and alternating numbness and shooting pains in hands and feet. Occassional sharp stabbing pains in head. Neck, shoulders and low back hurt alot.

And I have what I affectionately call EBB - exhausted beyond belief. It takes me 45 minutes just to get going in the morning.

I take a multi vitamin/mineral supplement, fiber, soy protein and colloidal silver (a natural antibiotic). I feel these may have brought me out of my last flare.

So sounds to me like you're in the right place, a friendly place to VENT and know you are not alone in your pain.
  6. sierrasioux

sierrasioux New Member

I had severe attacks before I had my gallbladder removed. This was around 12 years ago. The pain would make me literally kneel to the floor holding my chest.
    My symptons with the gallstones would happen about once a month-always starting in the back-then to the chest.
    If I remember right I think normally it is the other way around chest to back--but with me always back and then chest.
    I had an ultrasound and the lady asked--are you sure you didn't have your gallbladder removed? I told her that is the reason I was having the test to see if there were stones. So, with the ultrasound there were so many stones-I guess it blocked the gbl.
    Well, I had the surgery. Back then you had to have the surgery--cut. Well, after the surgery my surgeon was really proud of himself---he said you are my first patient of mine that only has a 3 inch scar. He said it was because I was so thin. And for a scar it does look good.
    I have seen others and their scar is all the way across the stomach.
    WEll, here is the bad news that I was going to tell you--in case you ever have them removed.----hey, i will be right back to finish my story--i have to make a call--brb in about 5 minutes--if you are here--let me know and i will tell you the rest
  7. kinkypinky23

kinkypinky23 New Member

Yep I am still here so if you want to carry on with your story feel free

Kink
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

Carry on my wayward~~~~~~~~~~~~
  9. kinkypinky23

kinkypinky23 New Member

still waiting for part 2 of story LOL
  10. sierrasioux

sierrasioux New Member

Hey Tandy--I love that song by Kansas!!!
    KP--I forgot to say that the dr. told me that the gallbladder is only 3 inches. I didn't know that.
    Anyway,after I had the surgery I thought that I would never have to have another gallstone attack like the others.
    They are very painful and they would last sometimes 5 minutes and sometimes up to an hour.
    Well,after all these years I still have those attacks. This means that I could possibly have stones in the bile duct.I would have to have an ERCP to check this out--and you risk pancreaitis-sp? with this procedure.
    It is just frustrating when you have surgery and think your problems are all gone, but still have these symptons.
    The gastroenterologist said that to get the true results would be to go to the ER right in the middle of the attack--(he wrote down what tests to take-if I would go to ER)they go along with the liver tests, but he knows that when you are in the middle of those attacks-it is almost impossible to go anywhere.
    Do you vomit? I still vomit sometimes when I have the attacks.
    I have the GERD-have you had an endoscopy? I have tried all 5 meds for GERD and they don't completely help me. I am on Protonix right now.
    Let me know when you find out what your problem is--I have had alot of surgeries and health problems, so if you have something I do-I would be glad to tell you what I have gone through with the same condition.

11. sierrasioux

sierrasioux New Member

hey what happened? i wrote out all the rest of my story and now it isn't here??
  12. sierrasioux

sierrasioux New Member

now it is showing---just a minute ago it had some error page saying the time had elapsed---oh well, i hope you get this