Quitting Smoking

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dara, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Dara

Dara New Member

I have picked today to try once again to quit smoking. I know it's a terrible habit but one that I have not been able to stop for forty years. This is going to be a bit touchy for me, like my husband will probably be begging me to have a cigarette before the day is over so I'll quit climbling the walls. We will see how it goes, any words of encouragement would sure be welcome.

Dara
  2. Dara

Dara New Member

I have picked today to try once again to quit smoking. I know it's a terrible habit but one that I have not been able to stop for forty years. This is going to be a bit touchy for me, like my husband will probably be begging me to have a cigarette before the day is over so I'll quit climbling the walls. We will see how it goes, any words of encouragement would sure be welcome.

Dara
  3. KayKay2

KayKay2 New Member

I am wishing you sucess in quitting! Remember to find other things to occupy your mind when you feel the urge coming on. :)
  4. majic

majic New Member

easter sunday it was not and still is not very easy to do. gained 20 pounds. tried to do it cold turkey ans couldn't. i used wellbutrin and it helped. iwas on it for two months and then weaned off in the third month. i still want a cig. still have the cravings for a cig. i used sugar free popsicles and oranges for the cravings this helped. brushed my teeth alot and the key was to take showers. it was like the smell of the cigs was in my skin. sounds weird but i am weird. lol good luck. majic
  5. BlueMoon

BlueMoon New Member

Dara,
    You can do it! I quit the first of May. I was in the middle of a Major Flare Up. Just know I needed to feel better. I got the patch, used it for a week & then did not need it anymore. I Feel much better, still in My flare up but would not want to think what I would feel like now, if I had not quit. You will feel better! It's worth it! Find something to keep you buzy, other then eating. Think of something new you can do for yourself!
    Good Luck,

Robin
  6. balie

balie New Member

I send you my best wishes to stop smoking. So far I haven't had any luck beating the beast, but I sure do hope that you succeed. Good Luck Karla
  7. aundi_girl

aundi_girl New Member

I quit Jan.18th 2002 Cold Turkey!

I have not cheated.
    The catch was that I really "Wanted" to quit this time.

Everytime I thought about having a smoke, I told myself I'd get sick, & that it smelled so bad..

Now I can't even smell it with out wanting to get ill.
    My poor husband has to smoke outside! LOL

Ice water, Ice cubes works wonders for the cravings.

You can do it if you want to! Just prove it to yourself!

Good Luck,
    Aundi
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

and best wishes going out to you Dara! My husband quit cold turkey 12 years ago. Never pick up another cigarette.

But I think men quit eaiser than women for some reason or other!

Shalom,Shirl
  9. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

Wishing you the best of luck in quitting smoking..I'm still working on that one..This past winter I was doing really good, down to about 6 cigs a day, and then husband's brother got a very rare disease and suffered for only 3 months and he was gone..Any kind of emotional upset will really pull me to that cig..
    Here's wishing you the best!!!!!!!!!!
    Donna