Quittter's Club...How're we doing????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hugs4evry1, May 27, 2006.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

It's been awhile since I've heard any updates on the "quitter's club"...so how are we doing?

I joined the club last week and I'm doing great now.

I did take a break from the NicoCure patches until I could get Zyban from my doc. Then I started the Zyban for a week, then added the NicoCure patches.

I had stopped smoking completely before I had used 20 patches and had dropped from over 2 pks a day to under 10 in just a week or less.

The patches were amazing for me, no craziness or weight gain either.

Just yesterday I stopped using the patches completely and I'm still doing great.

I've gone through all of my triggers, arguing with my daughter, being on the phone, lunch with my friend, eating out, sitting and talking and sex too!!! Yeah....so far so good.

I haven't really told anyone yet, I still consider myself one flick of a bic away from being a smoker again, but I do feel like I am doing really well. And I have no desire to start this all over again.

How is every one else doing??

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  2. Dara

Dara New Member

I've been a smoker for a very long time. I know I need to quit and keep finding excuses not to do it just right now.

Keep up the good word, you'll be an inspiration to me, and probably a lot of others.

Please post your progress so I can see how you are doing.

Take Care,
    Dara
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I knew this was the year I was going to try to quit. I just felt like I had to do it, this year.

The difference is that the NicoCure patch doesn't contain Nicotine at all. It's the all natural patch and it's system is the highest rated this year. Highest success rate.

That's what made it so easy!!! But as a heavy smoker of well OVER 2 pks a day, I knew I needed all the help I could get so I asked my doc for the Zyban too.

Sweetpotatoe, I knew this was the year I had to do it as I'm trying to pull out of this almost 2 year flare.

I was coughing terribly, had bronchitis, 2 bronchial bongs (one by my bed and one by my chair) and I've always hated what I was doing to myself by smoking. (Didn't stop me tho)

This is my chance, my best chance to pull out of this flare is to quit poisoning my body. How can I ever hope to get well smoking over 2pks a day??

That was my deciding factor. I just had to do this for myself.

Also, no weight gain with this product either.

Thanks again and good luck to all who are trying!!!

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I read that people who quit successfully usually make more than one try.

Did anyone see the museum exhibit (or video) of the Chinese cadavers? The were preserved w/ plastic somehow. Anyway one of the exhibits showed the lungs of a smoker. Black as ashes. That encouraged me to quit.

But I never smoked much anyway. I was a social smoker. Just smoked at parties, when playing cards, etc. Pack a week.

The problem was when I started to play cards everyday on the computer. That increased my smoking so I decided to stop. Going on week 5 now.

Somebody on this board said she sometimes sucked on a pen in lieu of a cigarette. Sounds silly but I found it helpful.

Good luck to everybody.
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Of course I think about smoking...but that was the beauty of this NicoCure system.

The urges I get are so small they are hardly noticable. And I stay completely calm. No white knuckle approach here.

I don't use straws or anything like that, I just crochet a lot more lately!!!

Yesterday Hubby and I had lunch out but had to eat indoors because of the weather. I didn't even have a problem with him smoking at the booth with me. (I encouraged him, knew this was one more step to get over, Germans smoke everywhere) It didn't bother me at all..

I really wish more people knew about the nicotine free smoking cessation system. It would make it so much easier for others to quit too.

Nancy B
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hang in there....

I know it must be very hard to try to do it this way... Maybe if you clean out the cabinets a bit you won't be tempted to eat the good stuff??

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  7. dleaning

dleaning New Member

Keep up the good work. I too would like to quit soon, just not ready as of yet. I am very proud of you. Takes alot of guts (can't think of the exact word, forgive me!). Are you feeling better yet?

Dawn
  8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Thanks for the support, but no....I'm not feeling any better yet.

I didn't expect to at least at first and I don't really expect it to help the FM/CFS, but all of the bronchial symptoms have gone away.

I just know for me, that I won't ever get better if I continue to poison myself with so many cigarettes a day.

I have had some good days with the spring weather lately and since I quit smoking, I've been able to get so many little things done around the house. That's a huge relief to me.

And Sweetpotatoe, an onion with your breakfast??? Did I read that right????

Hugs all,

Nancy B.
  9. mary124

mary124 New Member

Congratulations to you all!! I don't smoke, never have. My husband did up till last year, when he had to stop for 24 hours to do some sort of medical test. (it was hard) but after that he said, ok did it for 24 lets see if I can do it for another day, and he did, -- this was 1 year ago last year. I'm so proud of him.
  10. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Just wanted to congratulate all of you for the great job you are doing. I know how difficult it can be because I have been there. I quit many, many times before actually quitting. I think that I kept telling myself that I was going to quit but didn't actually convince myself. Once I set my mind to it, I just laid them down and quit. That was 5 years ago. I'll admit; I thought about it for a while but don't anymore.

I wish you all the best,

BlueSky555
  11. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

You know, I'm finally beginning to believe that I'm a NON- smoker now. I really can do this!!!

I never, ever thought I'd be able to successfully quit smoking. I always joked that they'd have to make them illegal and chain me to a bed to get me to quit.

I'm positive that the NicoCure System which is all natural is the only way I ever could have done this. It's herbal, so that's why I haven't gained weight from quitting.

It's amazing, it's been over 2 weeks now and I see no reason why I'd ever start again.

I didn't choose a quiet time in my life, had I..I wouldn't have chosen to do this with my daughter here, hubby sick and me trying to come out of a flare.

For me, there's never a "good" time to quit with no stress going on around me.

I'm starting to believe that I'm no longer "a bic click away from being a smoker"!!!

I'm so proud of myself and everyone for trying....keep up the good work folks, it's WORTH IT!!!!!!!!

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  12. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

You can do it, I know you can....

Hang in there!!!!

Nancy B.