Quotes from Will Rogers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gapsych, Jan 26, 2010.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I was working my daily cryptoquote where the first quote below was the answer and laughed so hard, I looked up some others. gap

Don't squat with your spurs on.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier'n puttin' it back in.

If you're ridin' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there.

If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.

There's two theories to arguin' with a woman. Neither one works.

When you give a lesson in meanness to a critter or a person, don't be surprised if they learn their lesson.

The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket.

Never miss a good chance to shut up.
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Some book I read on show biz said Will was the highest paid movie star during
    the 30s. he made dozens of films. I've only seen one. For some reason they
    didn't end up on the late show very often.

He used to be one of the stars of the Ziegfeld Follies. The Follies were famous
    for being sophisticated, glamorous, and sexy. Will was none of these.

Many years ago when I was at St. John's Hospital (the hospital where so many
    stars have died) we took a field trip to Will's home, now a state park. It was
    the kind of place where a cowboy might live: rustic. Lots of head and pelts on the
    walls. Will didn't hunt, but people gave them to him.

Everydobby was baffled by one skin. Turned out it belonged to a kangaroo.
    The front yard was a polo field. Last year in discussions of the state's
    financial problems, it was listed as a park that might have to be closed.

Nowadays I don't think even Will could keep up w/ all the craziness in Washington.

3. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

I love the ordering someone else's dog around and the full of bull one.

But, I'm blonde and don't get the arguin' with a woman one, as I'm wondering what the other theory is that men would think of, lol. We're always right, right? lol... so no other theory is needed...

Fight :)