R U the youngest sibling or....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by leobear, Sep 18, 2006.

1. leobear

leobear New Member

Curious to know as has been documented somewhere that the youngest sibling or those who had a difficult or just uneasy childhood later suffer CFS/ME/FM. Any response?
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I'm 53 brother would be 51 and my sister is

Neither have it or had it.

In my case there wrong.

Sue
  3. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I have never heard this before Leobear.

I am the youngest of a family of 4.

hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  4. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

of 4 girls. I'm 45 and the only one who has fm/cfs. I have the poorest health of everyone, including my mom.
  5. cats3

cats3 New Member

I am the youngest sibling.

Have 2 older sisters which neither have FM/CFS.

6. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

My other siblings have other health problems. The closest they come to my symptoms is two have RA, and one was never officially diagnosed but has mild narcolepsy. But I am the youngest...the accident of the family. Ten years betweem me and my closest sibling.

Blessed Be,
    IowaMorningGlory
  7. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Have one older sister, by five years.

June
  8. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

And also oldest and middle, lol.
    I'm an only child. However, you mention those who had a difficult or uneasy childhood, and my fibro doctor strongly believes that my problems now are because of stress from when I was a kid and had no friends. He thinks that may be the cause for all of it.

My mum's the youngest in her family tho, and we all believe she has FM or CFS (she tends to show signs of both) but she's never been officially diagnosed.
  9. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

I'm right in the middle--two older brothers and two younger brothers, none of which have this. Rough childhood also.

I guess I'm the odd one out in this survey.

Foggygirl
  10. fivesue

fivesue New Member

....and a very happy childhood...go figure.

Sue
  11. lptopcat

lptopcat New Member

Interesting post.....

I am second oldest. I had a "big" brother who passed in 1987.

I have 5 younger sisters.

I am the only one dx with FM.

I did not have a pleasant childhood.

Theresa
  12. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

and rough childhood,Linda
  13. sisland

sisland New Member

Here also (Late baby) my mom had me at 37years old, have 1 older sister and 2 older brothers! My Mom also Had alot of Fm symtoms ! sleep disorder--and Ibs didn't feel good alot, but like above stated Fm was not mentioned back then ! she passed away with Ahlzimers Diasese at age 80!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  14. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am the youngest and I have never heard this before.

Nancy
  15. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

I am the middle child. Had a stressful childhood. Blame my FMS on over stress six years ago.
    k
  16. lease79

lease79 New Member

Oldest sibling here.
  17. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

of three girls. I'm 40 and starting to think I have had this since childhood/teens.

Had a difficult childhood. Both my sisters have eating disorders and migraines but I don't have those.

18. mariee

mariee Member

No,
    I am in the obscure middle...
    #8 out of 12...yep, my dear Mom had 12 children....14 pregnancies.
    So I am not the youngest...the youngest happens to be the funniest and healthiest of us all. We are all still living and the youngest will be 50 next May.
  19. leobear

leobear New Member

Interesting replies. I first came across this in the book "From Fatigued to Fantastic" by Jacob Teitelbaum M.D. (you will probably have read or heard of him.) "Appendix F, An Evolutionary Explanation of Fibromyalgia"
    And when I look at many of my ME friends they are the youngest and/or have had a stressful childhood. My friend in Canada was amazed when she read it, she an only child, but trauma in childhood she had never mentioned to me.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/18/2006]
  20. TerryS

TerryS Member

Youngest of three. Sick at age 10 with rheumatic fever...never quite right since then. Happy childhood...stressful teen years.

Would say I'm the least healthy, but my sister had an aneurysm burst in her brain in 2002 and had breast cancer in 2003.

TerryS