RA, LUPUS, TYPE SYMPTOMS, ANYONE ELSE?.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by twjen, Dec 10, 2002.

1. twjen

twjen New Member

I do believe I have Fibro. and match most symptoms of it. On the other hand I also have severe painful grinding in several joints(not a fibro. symptom)and extreme pain in my spine, along with colitis also. 9 months ago I tested neg. for lupus and ra. I also get low grade fevers on and off.
    When it this all first began I had low fevers for several months straight before the pain in joints began. Can a person test negative for Ra or Lupus and have it? Should I ask for blood check again (its been 9 months) to check RA, and ANA? Having Fibro. is enough in itself, but I am concerned that this grinding crunching in my joints is causing damage, cuz it feels like it is and is getting worse. Should I ask my Dr. for xrays of other joints?
    MY appt. is tomorrow. I want to know for sure what I have and dont have, so I know what Im dealing with and best ways to treat it. Does anyone else have severe joint pain with arthritis symptoms? Any sharing, answers and suggestions you have would be helpful. Thanks to all of you for being here, it means so much to have you all to talk with.
    Jen
  2. twjen

twjen New Member

I do believe I have Fibro. and match most symptoms of it. On the other hand I also have severe painful grinding in several joints(not a fibro. symptom)and extreme pain in my spine, along with colitis also. 9 months ago I tested neg. for lupus and ra. I also get low grade fevers on and off.
    When it this all first began I had low fevers for several months straight before the pain in joints began. Can a person test negative for Ra or Lupus and have it? Should I ask for blood check again (its been 9 months) to check RA, and ANA? Having Fibro. is enough in itself, but I am concerned that this grinding crunching in my joints is causing damage, cuz it feels like it is and is getting worse. Should I ask my Dr. for xrays of other joints?
    MY appt. is tomorrow. I want to know for sure what I have and dont have, so I know what Im dealing with and best ways to treat it. Does anyone else have severe joint pain with arthritis symptoms? Any sharing, answers and suggestions you have would be helpful. Thanks to all of you for being here, it means so much to have you all to talk with.
    Jen
  3. witsend

witsend New Member

Yes I have severe joint pain, at times unable to walk, and am almost housebound because of it. I would definately ask for xrays of any joints that cause that much pain. I am now being evaluated for adrenal problems and not sure how that will turn out but you could ask about that causing joint pain, as well as over looked lyme disease. Good luck tomorrow.
  4. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

I have CFS, but tested negative for autoimmunes and arthritis, but have swelling, grinding and joint pain in both of my knees and ankles...I had them x-rayed...will need knee replacements someday, just not yet, doc says...comes with age (I'm 46), doc says...no arthritis, doc says...on Arthrotec (an arthritis med) for the inflammation...that works, but it is kind of hard on your stomach, so take it with Zantac...and YES, get x-rayed...and get tested for arthritis...you need to know...and yes, you can swell, grind and ache and NOT have arthritis...Good luck at the doc's...hope you get the help you need.

1Writer
  5. JannyW

JannyW New Member

I have chondromalacia patella which causes my knees to "crunch" when I bend them ... both kneecaps are off-center. They definitely bother me more when my FM pain is worse, but so far the doc has not mentioned surgery.

I also have OA in my cervical spine ... also worsens with FM flares.

Jan ^v^[This Message was Edited on 12/11/2002]