racing heart...cause for concern?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dani78xo, Mar 12, 2006.

1. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

i woke up this morning with my heart RACING.
    it calmed down after about 15 minutes,
    but it's racing again, and it's really scaring me.

my mom said it might be a side effect from the cymbalta, but i've been on it for a while and never had any of this.

could cymbalta cause this?
    and should i be worried?
  2. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

yeah, i don't think my pulse is REAL high,
    though it is elevated more than normal.
    i haven't been doing anything,
    just laying down all day.
    but if i take a deep breath, it starts beating faster.
    it also does if i stand up,
    and if i just walk 10 feet it beats so fast i can hear my pulse and feel it throughout my entire body.

i go to the doctor in two days,
    so i'm going to see if she has any suggestions.
    though i'm not sure if she'll see it as a concern,
    since when i told her i was having blackouts when i stood up alot,
    she just checked my BP and when it was normal wrote it off.

3. dankymama

dankymama New Member

I started Cymbalta in June of 05 and have been on it since. I tried going off and even cutting down, but this was BAD. I did start having hand tremors and heart rate of 100 after I started Cymbalta, a few months later. The doctor put me on Inderal LA and that stopped the tremors and brought my rate back down to 80. So now I take Cymbalta and Inderal at the same time each day. I am so scared to go off either of these, but the dr's say it's fine to be on them for a long time, as long as my symptoms are better than before! So the moral is I don't know if Cymbalta causes it but I had similar issues and have been able to control them with out going off Cymbalta. Unfortunatly I am taking another drug though. :(
    Hope this helps.
  4. lease79

lease79 New Member

I have alot of trouble with elevated heartrate myself.
    No real reason that they can find, but I've had it pretty extensively checked out ;)

The blacking out on standing up does sound like Orthostatic Hypertension (sudden drop in blood pressure on standing makes you feel faint &/or pass out.)

Does your heart rate return to normal when you lie down??

Hope that your Dr is able to give you some answers hun. Make sure that you tell them everything that has been happening. I find that sometimes it pays to journal what has happened at the time, & then print the 'episode' & give it to my Dr to read. Saves me trying to remember exactly what it felt like at the time etc... to my Dr when I get in there.

~*Hugs*~

Lisa
  5. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

lease79,
    my heart rate doesn't decrease when i lie down.
    i was laying down all day yesterday
    because ive been sick in bed with a migraine for almost three weeks now,
    and my heart rate was 108 when i was sitting down.
    it speeds up if i stand up or move around.

i've also been having some chest pains occasionally throughout the day, but i can't tell if it's just heartburn or something more {i have GERD.}
  6. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

You can probably call your Dr. and see if you can get in sooner. Tell them whats going on. I am quite sure they will squeeze you in. YOU really need to be seen. Better to just be safe. Please? We care .

Karen
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

dani78xo:
    I have tachycardia. I am not sure of the spelling.
    I am on BP meds and they seem to help, but basically I do things very slow. I have learned the hard way. It is such an uncomfortable feeling, kind of like: will this EVER stop?
    I usually lie down a while. If it persists I would call the doctor.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan