Racwhite - ?? on psoriasis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jadibeler, Aug 26, 2003.

1. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

I was just scanning a past post on funky nails and came across you post where you discuss psoriasis. My aunt has it had her legs look terrible. That's what I thought psoriasis was.

But when I came across what you said about dry patches of skin, I sat up straight! I have very dry skin anyway, flakey. But I also have little patches of built-up dry skin, about the size of a pensil eraser tip. When they build up enough, I can scratch them off, but then they build up again. They are not colored in anyway. I do have a few that are colored, a kind of brown, and they will flake off as well, when they get high enough. I figured keratosis, which is supposedly harmless. Also, some tiny bumps that I keep scratching at, trying to pick off. Sometimes I can.

Looks like I have yet another subject to research! It's never ending!

What is your opinion?

JoAnn
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

She has been banned, the posts are just an oversight. End of subject, please.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul New Member

I had a friend who worked with her doctor for years to get her psoriasis under control with all kinds of meds, oral and topical. They had settled that she would always have some on her elbow. I suggested she try washing it with Neurogena T-gel shampoo. She did this for several weeks on a daily basis. I checked with her years later and it had not returned after that treatment. I think there is tar in the shampoo that helps.
  4. coping1961

coping1961 New Member

his doctor said to use selsun blue shampoo. he has it in alot of places and the shampoo really has helped. we had tried the t-gel etc. but the selsun blue has helped the most. there is also a stronger type he can prescribe. good luck. karen
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Has a good point with the Selsun Blue, no offense intended, but my Pit Bull is subject to psoriasis and Selsun Blue was the only thing that cleared it up, after the vet giving me everything under the sun for him, he even got shots that didn't help.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

The dry patches don't really bother me, just look bad when they are really built up. I'm constantly scratching, even when I don't itch, so they come off when they're ready. However, I'll try that shampoo.

JoAnn