Radio Frequency to Neck

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by browneyelady48, Nov 8, 2005.

1. browneyelady48

browneyelady48 New Member

I was just wondering if anyone has had radio frequency to the neck or if anyone has ever heard of it, any information would be greatly appreciated Thanks
  2. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

I have never heard of it. I have a battery operated acutreat pen that sends an electronic frequency through pressure points that helps to relieve pain and headaches. But I do not think that is the same thing. Good luck with your search.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/08/2005]
  3. amberini

amberini New Member

Hi browneyelady:

I had this procedure in July of this year. It has relieved all the pain in my neck, upper back and shoulder.
    I had headaches everyday, those are gone too.
    You can google to find out more about it.
    It doesn't hurt, you are sedated for most of the procedure. I was awakened to make sure they were in the right nerve.
    There was no pain afterwards. For me, it was a good thing.
  4. tngirl

tngirl New Member

But my gerd was treated with radio frequency waves and it did help. Some people that had about the same time I did, said it completely cured there acid reflux.

I had it done outpatient and had no problems at all.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/09/2005]
  5. cats3

cats3 New Member

I had it done in 2004 and it helped a little. I did get a headache from the procedure and I was wide awake the whole time.

Radiofrequency Nerve Ablation is an effective treatment to relieve pain from facet syndrome.

Facet Syndrome is a painful disorder that may involve any level of the spine; cervical(neck),thoracic(mid-back), or lumbar(lower spine).
  6. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

which is the same thing just in a different area. It helped but is not a long term fix. I have had it done many times.

They did it on an outpatient basis with a seditative so it is not so painful yet you are able to talk to them. They use a needle to find the individual nerve and "pulse" the nerve which stuns it so the pain does not register back to the brain.

It works for some people (like me) others say it does not. I wish you luck!

Kelly
  7. tngirl

tngirl New Member

the same thing as facet degenerative disease? I have that in my lower back. But I have so much back pain, I can't tell whats from the discs or facets. I know the facets are the joints that hold the vertebrae together and they help you to twist and turn.

Maybe I need to ask my doctor if ths would help?
  8. browneyelady48

Thanks so much for the response. I am in so much pain with my neck and headaches, that anything is worth a try. I had something done last Jan. and got releive with it. It wasnt the same thing, so I am praying that this will work also. I shouldnt have let it get this bad again, and thats what the pain dr told me also. Thanks everyone
  9. browneyelady48

I had the procedure done on Friday, and so far so gooooooood. The headaches in the back on my head are gone (still have the sinus headache). No neck pain. I had a accident in 3-04 and also broke my collarbone, and messed my shoulder up. Well I am so happy because the numbness in my shoulder is now gone. It is still stiff but much better.

I would recommend anyone that has neck pain and headaches to go see a pain Dr. But first I guess you would need to see a neck Dr. (whatever that are called)

The problem I am having now is the side effect of a Rx that he gave me after surgery "Lyrica", and I researched on here and I see others have side effects of it also. I see my neurologist tomorrow, maybe she will inform me of the Rx.

Thanks to everyone that give me encouraging words of the procedure Brenda