Radon toxicity??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by melissaz, Apr 7, 2007.

1. melissaz

melissaz New Member

Does anyone know of a link between CFS and radon toxiity? I am going out on a limb, just found out that the house I grew up in had really high levels. But, I have not lived there in along time..
  2. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

Melissaz

I think that you have a very, very good question. What has been linked with CFS so far? Not much, right? Radon has been linked with breast and lung cancer for sure.

My wife teaches in a school with high radon levels. They are taking some measures to reduce the radon concentration in the school.

There are many parts of the United States with higher levels of radon in homes and work places, because there are higher levels of naturally occuring elements in the soil, that give off radon gas as a decay product.

It would be interesting to compare a map of these areas of the US with high radon concentrations with documented cases of CFS.

Thanks for the spark:)

Andy
  3. melissaz

melissaz New Member

Hi Andy,

I am going to try to do a little research tonight, and also see if their is any test out there that would indicate if I would still have high levels of toxicity (or any at all). Do you happen to know what parts of the US have the higher concentration of radon??

Hopefully others will see this, and respond if they have ever been exposed.