Radtech, you are so not alone, just saw your last Kaiser post

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Jan 25, 2014.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Thank you for the kind words to me, I know absolutely that the people here, all of you, are the only ones who understand what we go through 24/7. I can so relate to what you said about not even being able to go thru showering. I am the same way. Since May 2002 I have lived in my nightgown. Pathetic. Wonder why I am still here. This is not a life.

I am most concerned right now with all of us losing access to our pain regimen that has, at least, helped. Not a cure. We all know that. But to be simply relaxing in a recliner and have my feet, ankles, toes, shoulders and my entire spine feeling as if it is in a vice from neck to tailbone all so very painful it feels excruciating, at least the measly dose I am able to get now, 30 mg Morphine Sulphate Contin just barely takes the edge off. Not enough help with pain to be mobile at all. I cannot imagine having to live without it. I only have a commitment from Dr for a few months, of weaning off. I have to wonder how many people (including myself) will choose to just end it when we feel completely abandoned.

I wish our Doctors could go through just 24 hours of one of our worst days. I wish I could have some magic words to restore your self esteem and value, however I feel exactly as you do. My entire life is wrapped up in self pity and I don't know how to accept living this way. I have been in counseling the whole time and unfortunately I have never been able to be one of the fibro people who have a positive disposition. I wixh I could find a way, I wish you could to, and all the rest of us trying to just have a life.

Take care,
    Jaci
  2. niferanne

niferanne Member

Life with fibromyalgia is not the life we knew before it enveloped our bodies, minds and souls. I thank God for the good days but they seem to be harder to come by. I don't believe that ending our lives prematurely is an answer but I do fully understand holding that thought as a last ditch alternative. I keep hoping that after 15 years of this disease that an answer will come. I fear too many in medicine still think it is of our minds not our bodies. I don't wish this on anyone but a week if this could change their minds. Prayers and hope to all who must face this demoralizing disease.