Rainbow

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Doznclan3, May 21, 2009.

1. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Just wondered if you got those little seeds and plants planted. I have gotten a lot planted. Veggies and flowers. My radishes...of course are up. My crook neck squash is up, and now my cantalope is up. I went ahead and planted starts with the tomatoes. They are doing well. I also planted a few sunflowers, the big ones with the seeds. They're not only beautiful flowers, but the get a lot of seeds. Have you or anyone ever done sunflower seeds? Dry them out, put them in the oven. You can soak them in salt water first if you want the salty taste. I usually also save some for the doves around here. I thought for sure that they would be after the seeds while the flower was still in the ground last year, but they didn't. I planted some green squash, not up yet, planted it later. I didn't really want it, but everyone keeps saying, we haven't had zuccini bread in a long time. Ok, I can take a hint. :)
    I want to plant a shade tree in the back for the dog and chicken area. One that will grow fast.
    Hope all are doing well here. Take care, love, Cynthia
  2. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

You have a lot going into a garden. That fan idea makes sense doesn't it?
    The little chicks, are becoming chickens fast. Scott should have the coop pretty much done today, finish it up on Monday, or Tues. Morning.
    On a sad note. I'm beside myself with my Golden Retriever. He's my buddy for 6 years now. We've known about a tumor on his back, next to his spine, but it isn't a problem more like a lypoma..not cancer. A couple of days ago, I noticed him limping. Checked his left front leg. Big, and I mean big, tumor, that has come through the skin. Then yesterday, when we came home from town, I found him licking his lower tummy area. Man, another one, only bigger, and bleeding. I had already called the vet for the first one I found on his leg, for Tues. I called back this morning, because he is just panting. I told her that I had gotten on the net, and it really looks like the Mast cell tumors I've seen. She agreed with what I was telling her, and that it most likely won't be a good diagnosis. So, Tues, not sure if they will go ahead and keep him to remove the tumors and biopsy them, or make another day appt. I wish they could do it Tues. He seems to be hurting. She said to give him a couple of asprin a day. Not sure that's cutting it. Dogs, they put up with pain so well. I love that dog so much. He was the first thing on my mind when I woke up. I'm so sad, I have a feeling we will lose him soon. I am not one to let him suffer. I am not one to put a dog through chemo and all of that for them to only live 6 months to 2 years. If he does well after having these taken off for a while..great! But, if more show up, our family agrees, best thing to do is to put him down. I can't even imagine being without him. He's my buddy, the one I've had longest out of the three. He's beautiful
    Oh, thank you for the ear.
    Rain, Get those plants planted, and let that rain do the watering for you. :)
    Love, Cynthia
  3. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Thank you so much for posting this! I just got on for the first time in a couple of days. I had a feeling you may have some suggestions, and I "will" check them out!
    I also had that feeling about "not" letting them take the tumors out. That's one reason why my husband and I keep going back and forth on the decision making. We've also heard that cutting into cancer can cause more harm than good. Now, my husband and I will ponder this thought tonight before tomorrow's visit. Of course, we have prayed about it also. I believe that God does work through our people angels here on earth.
    Thank you, love, Cynthia
  4. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

After I read Rainbow's post, and my husband and I talked, I stayed up until 2:45 reading up on Natural cures, Holistic, herbal things. Guess what I found out? There is no real significant differance in longevity for life span, whether you do surgery..treatments..or, just going with the holistic. Need to cut out all grains! So, I've started him on a higher protien diet, got some holistic dog food, will give him extra meat. Also bought the Tumeric, Ester C, Fish oil. I will start with that, and then start with more greens in his diet. Don't want this poor fellow getting the runs, or he will feel as though he's been through chemo, or radiation. lol... I'm still studying.
    Guess what?? His brother was just put down last Thursday for tumors that they have been having removed surgically for a year now. He kept getting more and more, and now finally, he was so sick, he couldn't hardly move around. That was part of the reason why we didn't go to the vet. That dog went to my former mother in law as a pup. One of our daughters has a sister from our dog's litter, and she also has tumors, but not as big as my guy. So, this is something that has gone amuk in the gene pool.
    Jam, I also thought that you may come up with something for him too. I will study up on the Grapeseed oil for sure. I am willing to try anything, but am trying to make sure I don't over do with vits. or mix them when they shouldn't be. I have found one site that I really like. So, going off of what they gave out as a guide in giving the natural treatment. I am going to be giving him a B12 shot. They suggested the B and the B12, but, I have the vit. B12 and give myself the shots, so, may as well start him on some. :) Hope he allows it after the first time!
    Let's hope and pray that I am on the right track. I agree also with Rain, that when the time comes, he will let us know. In the meantime, I'm going to be with him, love him, and get some pictures!
    Thanks to all, and oh, the chicken coop is almost done. Would have been closer today, but went out and bought what we needed for our Grizz.
    Love, Cynthia
  5. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

It is a good thing you looked that up. Seems Rain's post has helped a few here. I don't think people realize that they do have to be careful with vitamins and supplements as well as prescription or over the counter drugs. I'm so glad you caught that!
    I have to say here, my dog is wondering why he is being treated so special all of a sudden. I'm not talking about the loveys, he always gets those, but now he gets more meat and eggs, and they have yummy things on it, like fish oil and turmeric. Jam, haven't had time to look up Grapeseed oil for canine, plus, if it will go with what I'm doing. Probably will some time today though.
    I'm off to get the oil changed in my SUV. Getting it ready for a ride south for a retreat that our church is putting on. I've helped with this, and will be while there. It's a 5 hr. drive there, but will be stopping at some places along the way. The place we are going to is St. George. It is a beautiful place, big red cliffs and red sand. I'm only really worried about the heat. It's south, and will probably be in the 90's for sure. Making sure our air is working in the Hyundai too. We won't be going until the 12th and stay just over night to the 13th. So not a long stay. That's ok with me. It will be long enough.
    Lots to do, love to all, Cynthia