rainy week... feeling blah

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Hi everyone. I'm new to the board.

I get lonely (housebound), but it can be trying to phone people. Most of the time I can forget that there are things going on outside these walls. I dunno. It's been raining for several days and the weather's starting to get to me. I have some candida too. My eyes are stinging, and I'm nervous and more tired. Talking to 'outsiders' can get me down any time, you know? Like, there are the people who think you can fix yourself if only you do this or that. People who make you feel more pathetic by just being sorry for you. People who think you can snap out of it and pull your life together.

I started getting sick in high school... and I'm 23 now. Never got to have a job. All my stuff is so expensive, and my dad has to pay for it. My mom died when I was 7.

2. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

that you are not feeling well. You came to the right place, there are kind people here that will help you. I understand exactly what you are saying about being lonely, I live alone and some days I don't talk to anyone but the cat, do you have a pet? I have found that my cat is a great comfort to me.
    I very rarely call anyone on the phone, it just zaps all the energy out of me to try and carry on a conversation.
    Hope you are feeling better soon
    Sue
  3. fahan

fahan New Member

sorry to hear about you being housebound/sick. so young to be in such an awful boat.

We are alive and I'm sure there's a good reason for it.

Also, Welcome to the board. This board is wonderful, the people are just like us,

The people have been a Godsend to me, I'm sure they will also be to you too.

You spoke about people who try to tellyou " what you should be doing or taking,etc., it may be that it tugs at their

hearts to see you suffer. We all have a different way to deal with life, and of course some people really think they

can change the world by "telling others what they should be doing." They proably really want to see you well though!!

It sounds as if you and your dad are a blessing to each other. It's rained all week here too! Please some sunshine!!

My daughter was sick for afew years, very expensive, none of her fault of course!!

No more than my sickness costs. It's part of life and maybe there will someday soon be a cure.

I know what you mean about staying off the phone, it's mostly a gossip peice that gets nothing but trouble if

you use it much. I've never been a phone person, but I'm sure I'd get loney if I was your age in this boat.

Sorry if I sound alittle down, just abit tired.

Been called a hermit, that's o.k., groundhog, not o.k. but not called one yet as I know of anyway.

bye, fahan