Raise AwarenessDr. Phil Show

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Apr 28, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

Maybe someone could get the nerve to call the Dr. Phil show. He can tell it like it is. I think it would be so neat if we would get a response from his show and he agree to do a fibro. awareness show. Nearly everybody listens to him. He might even take Prickle's biography film and show it as part of the show. Just a BIG thought. Would anyone here on this board be willing to go on tv to get the message out about how devastating and painful this disease really is? I am very quite and kinda shy. If I got on tv I would probably clam up.LOL Seriously, does anyone think this is a good idea or not?

Kriket
  2. mahx

mahx New Member

...would be a great way to get message out. I have many other issues I would like him to tackle...so if I go on his show ( as I keep threatening my family with)..it won't be specifically for fibro.

My concern would be...does he believe in fibro?

As you said many listen to him.....and will...for or against.

Ma

[This Message was Edited on 04/28/2006]
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

Dr. Phil don't know much about it either. Oprah might be another one. Don't know how she feels about it either. Either one of these tv shows would be really good. Oprah is very compassionate and understanding, maybe her show would be best. Just brainstorming!!

Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 04/28/2006]
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

Hmmmmmmmmm!!! That's interesting. No response huh? Well, looks like you guys are ahead of the game. Thanks to whoever has been writing the letters. Maybe they will answer someday.

Kriket
  5. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Dr. Phil ususally does not believe in these types of condition's, he thinks they are more physcological in nature.

Brain is blank right now, but I have seen several show's where he has told the guest that their "conditon'( I think onw was ADD and OCD, and CFS type condition)was more than likely in their attitude.

was disappointed, but remember he is a physcologist. I know a few and they feel it is a depression issue, wastebasket term, there is no such thing, this is what I was told from a physco(ologist) working at Vanderbuilt.

Vanderbuilt, here is Nashville, is a leading research hospitl, hope the researcher's don't feel that way.

Best wishes,
    Claudia
  6. intensemom

intensemom New Member

I've watched almost all dr. phil shows for 2 years and he does believe conditions(such as ADD, OCD, depression) are organically based in some people. He even sends people to get full blood work-ups and brainscans that can show which part of your brain is effected and confirm diagnoses(by blood flow in brain).

I think a fibro. awareness show would be great. Not sure if his producers would agree. I would be way to shy to go on T.V. though. It would be great if the directors of FFC would go on! As well as, other researchers. There are also authors of many books! People who are not shy should email dr.phil(it says not to if you're not willing to appear on the show)>
  7. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

my guess is this....who is most affected by it? WOMEN....so, i guess this is the answer....noone will take us seriously....even other women! and people who are supposed to know what they are talking about, went out of their way to say it is nonexistant

just like heart disease studies were only done on males for the longest time...and women were dying of it left and right...
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

be getting approved more easily and quicker darnit it all!

didn't know oprah's stand point on this topic...i will email you a goodone...i did montel and dr.phil along time ago..

you know how about tyra banks? she seems down to earth and loves her family...seems she has a large family...so i bet there must be someone in her own family that has been suffering....physically, mentally and in relationships w/family member or friends.

jodie
  9. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

If you have't read "Osler's Web" by Hillary Johnson, get a copy ASAP!!

It is a complete history of the CFS "epidemic" that started in the early 1980s and how the CDC and other government agencies tried to squash ANY research or enlightenment about the true nature of these illnesses.

I never understood why people were so unwilling to be open-minded about FM/CFIDS etc, until I read this book.

DISCLAIMER: It will infuriate you! Some of the same people who just shouted from the rooftops that CFS is "real" are quote EXTENSIVELY saying that we are all "psychoneurotic".

julie (is free!)

You can't fix stupid! - Ron White
  10. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I think ignorance is a big factor, too. I bet if you stopped 100 people on the street and asked them what a Fibro and Fatigue Center was, none of them would have any idea. If they don't even know what it is, how can they know what is going on there?
  11. kriket

kriket New Member

and read all of these responses. Well, I had no idea that they would not respond to you guys. That's so lame. I thought I had a great idea, just can't believe that they all ignore you. Not sure what to think about them now. Montel did mention fibro

one time on his show, probably because he is suffering just like we are. He has ms, and it is also an invisible disease. Fibro. and ms are a lot alike. Hmmmmmm, just like ya'll said, they probably would not say anything unless they were diagnosed or in a lot of pain.

This could be why Montel mentioned it in the first place. I remember so clear when Montel said in that show about ms and the day he mentioned fibro.

pleading that people please understand that these diseases may be invisible and people may look healthy, but are in a lot of pain. So, Montel may be our only hope. Thanks to all of you for your input. Very interesting.

Kriket
  12. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

... but I'm TOO SICK to go!!!!!!!!!

I don't know why he hasn't done a show on it. If it really IS in our heads, then Dr. Phil seems like the perfect place for us [rolling eyes]

I wonder if part of the reason that no one seems to want to tackle this is that there isn't a quick and easy treatment that will cure us all.

It's not good TV without the happy ending. Nobody seems to show anything about chronic illness. How many sitcoms or talk shows regularly feature people with ANY form of disability?

Nobody on TV gets sick!
  13. Kourysgranny

Kourysgranny New Member

it's because every test that is done on us comes up normal!! I've been tested 'till I'm sick of it. Saw a new Rheumatologist last Monday who informed me when he walked into the exam room that there was nothing he could do for me, yet he ran $500 worth of labs on me. EVERYTHING WAS NORMAL. That's what they told me. When I got copies of the tests, my white cell count is 16.1 (4.5 - 11.0 is normal). What does that say???? Let a famous person get diagnosed then someone will listen.
    I'd go on the show. I've gone from a hard working mother of two to a unemployable, pain-ridden wife and mother of two. Good luck!!
  14. mai

mai New Member

Hi! I'm not sure how to reply 'personally' to you????? Did you see my response on the message board? What do you think? Just trying this, hope you get it!

Love & Peace Mai Xxx :)
  15. southernrose

southernrose New Member

krikel;

montel has sylvia browne on his show every wednesday and a lady last week asked something about fibro to browne and she replied " I have told you people many times all you need is a diet high in protein to feel better". she was rude, and I used to like her until I saw her responce to the lady's question. southernrose