RAISED LIVER ENZYMES AND METHOTREXATE AFTER 5 YEARS AND POST BREAST CANCER

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by dmfraser, May 3, 2003.

1. dmfraser

dmfraser New Member

I am really concerned about what drug management to pursue with persistent raised liver enzymes on Methotrexate which I have reduced. I was an active Classics teacher. Now I cannot work as I am in so much pain. How many people can continue to work with so much pain, stiffness and debilitation? I had breast cancer in 1987 and am extremely wary of going on drugs like Enbrel and Arava. The heightened risk of lymphoma, liver damage, infection seems very real. Also RA patients apparently have a risk 2-3 times higher than the normal person of developing lymphoma, so why would one take a drug which increases your lymphoma risk even more? WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP ? CAN ANYONE MAKE A CONSIDERED SUGGESTION? Sincere thanks, Diana
    [This Message was Edited on 05/03/2003]
  2. danisue22

danisue22 New Member

Hi Diana, Sorry to hear of your situation,but if I were you I'd go to the arthritis or Fibromyalgia board and post this kind of message .I think you'd have a better response. I can't help you but maybe some one there could. Best wishes Danisue
  3. dmfraser

dmfraser New Member

Dear Danisue,

This is the rheumatoid arthritis message board. You have got it all wrong I think. I am in the right message board. Diana
  4. danisue22

danisue22 New Member

there are several boards here this one is listed under general health and I just thought you may get more help if you posted under the one that was for Arthritis or Fibromyalgia. I have'nt been posted or coming here to read for awhile now as I've been very sick. I'm feeling better now and will probably be posting and reading once again,My best to you. Danisue