Raised rash on skin any idea....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jeanie101156, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Jeanie101156

Jeanie101156 New Member

Hello everyone its been a while since I have been on the board. I am glad that I am back. Since I have last been here I have been Dx with gout and degenertive arthritis in my toes and neck and gout. Now I have a rash that is on my legs and one arm. It is raised and mostly round. It only itches when I rub it. Does anyone else have a rash like this or have any idea as to what it can be. Jeanie
  2. Linzey

Linzey New Member

Jeannie- sounds like you may have a form of x-za-ma. I cant seem to spell it right now,so I sounded it out.I get little round bumps and they seem to spread into a large cluster that itches.I may get one bump,or a huge raised area of red bumps.I was told thats what mine is.
  3. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

It could be eczema like the last person said, but it also sounds like ring worm. If it is raised and mostly round that really does sound like ring worm.

Is it raised but flat surface? Also is it a red ring with just skin color on the inside? That would be ring worm. I had it in January from two cats. I would have it checked. You can get it in multiple places on the body as ring worm can spread.

Take Care,
    Pam
  4. Exfa

Exfa New Member

I have read about 6 books on fm and they all say that when you are in a flare you get rashes. I get them all of the time and I usually itch always. I get rashes on my stomache, legs, elbows .....the worst rash I got was Shingles........they say that fibromyalgia can cause shingles to flare.
  5. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

ave the ones on my chest and anyhere esle that make me itch. SOme of us shoud post our rash pics here and see what they look likr and compare - Maybe i will try that tomorrow..
    Gotta go to bed.
    Hugs
    Kim