Raisinfilled cookies

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by alaska3355, Dec 19, 2007.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Warning: These cookies are very delicious! I make the filling one day, then do the rest the next day.
    2 c. raisins
    2/3 c. orange juice
    1/3 c. water
    1/2 c. brown sugar
    2 T. lemon juice
    2 T. butter
    1 T. cornstarch
    Combine filing ingredients in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Cool.
    1 1/2 c. butter, softened
    1/2 c. oil (original recipe calls for 2 c. butter, but I've always cheated and put in a little oil!)
    1 c. sugar
    1 T. lemon peel, grated
    2 T. lemon juice
    4 1/2 c. flour
    1/2 t. baking soda
    1 t. salt
    In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and oil. Add lemon. Add dry ingredients slowly. Cover and chill dough for 1/2 hour. Roll out on floured board 1/4" thick. Cut into 2' or 3' rounds.
    Fill half of rounds with about 1 t. of filling, then add tops. Moisten edges and make a fork design around the edges. Prick top of cookie with fork. Bake 18-20 minutes at 375 degrees. Let cool on a rack. Makes about 2 dozen.

2. sisland

sisland New Member

These sound wonderful!!,,,,Definetly going to make these!,,,,I wanted to tell you about an appitizer i saw Wolfgang Puck Make on the Ellen D show,,,,,,,,,

They are Mini open faced hambergers,,,,you form burgers into 1 inch balls and flatten,,,Brown,,,and add any topping you want,,like mini cheese bites and or mini pickles and tomato ,,,,,etc!,,,,,,,,,,

Make mini buns by cutting out mini rounds out of french bread or any other type,,,,,,,put tooth picks in and serve!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,p.s. Happy Holidays! And tell your Mom it's fun having the same B-Day with her!,,,,,,,,,,,Sis