Raising Kids

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ABLUV, Jul 14, 2008.

1. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

I got a lot on my mind these days. So I'm posting a lot of questions.

Has anyone on this board had a baby, in your forties, while on CFS/Fibro medications? I know - it sounds ridiculous doesn't it? But it's on my mind.

Also, has anyone adopted any kids while struggling with this horrid disease?

I look forward to your answers.
  2. vmiller

vmiller New Member

I have three already that I am raising. They are my biological children. Some days, they are all that keeps me going, and other days they are the source of great distress. They are worth every minute, though.

Good luck in your decision.

3. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

My 2 children are my greatest blessing, and like vmiller said, what keeps me going.

Fortunately they were born when I was a bit younger and this disease was not "full blown" yet. (Didn't even know what I had). But I DID know I had juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Fortunately, I was able to get off all meds at the time except for Paxil, which AT THAT TIME was believed to be safe for pregnancy. It is now considered a Pregnancy Category D. :( But I did the best with what I knew at the time.

I know it is a hard decision. I have thought about adopting too, as I want more children, but don't think my body can handle any more, but my dh says NO WAY.

I have a friend with CFS and severe depression who is on way more meds than me (and I'm on a few!) and she is 38 and just had a baby. She is also single! I really worried about her, but her family is super supportive and they are doing fine. I think support is a really big factor.

God bless.