Ralph - Chiropractor and NAET

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by foxglove9922, Jul 23, 2005.

1. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Hi Ralph,

I recently started seeing a chiropractor due to a back injury. The first thing that hit me when I entered his office was all the literature on CFS and FM. I was blown away due to the fact that I am a PWC.

He utilizes NAET. It's pricey and I'm wondering what your take is on this. I now have multiple food and chemical allergies and wonder if it's worth the venture as I'm a single mom struggling on SSD.

Should have mentioned I do have a second question. I was a victim of a horrific assault, have trouble just saying this but I'm learning from couseling that I was a victim. Anyway, the xrays the chiro read indicate I have a compresstion injury between C1 and C2 and also got the full weight of a man and his knee in my back which caused something in my thoratic (sp) spine to be somewhat caved in (probably not the right words but hope you get the picture). Anyway, he is using myofascial release and adjustments which are snaps of my head and back. Seems like when I leave it hurts worse than before I went in. I've been 4 times now. The next day the pain from the adjustments is gone just the constant ache from the attack. Does it make sense to hurt worse after an adjustment or MR?

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.....foxglove
    [This Message was Edited on 07/23/2005]
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Ralph has a thread saying he will be gone for a while...
  3. mermsie

mermsie New Member

Foxglove - Iam also a patient of dr. enlander's for over 3 years now. When i first went to him I was unable to tolerate any ingredients of the injection due to severe allergic reactions. (said it was the worst he's ever seen) as the sensitivities became progressively worse I began treatment w/naet. It was a long road but I now give myself injections 3x a week, can eat a vast array of foods (at one pont only able to eat white rice - everything else resulted in life-threatening reactions). I have stopped treatments due to financial reasons but I would definately recommend naet, I know for me it gave me my life back. Good Luck!!
  4. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

mermsie, I did see the post that Ralph will be away for awhile and thank you ever so kindly for the information on NAET. Being a single mom and SSD has me struggling just to make ends meet but I'm willing to go under (charge cards) if this therapy really will help me recover.

I can't say enough good things about Dr. E. He's helped me and my daughter tremendously. We only take the shots once a week. Do you take the ImmunoProp pills?

Best wishes..........foxglove
  5. mermsie

mermsie New Member

Foxglove - thanks for your reply! yes, i've been taking the immunoprop 3x a day now for years. I have tried dr. enlander's new supplement "Catapult" but i am having difficulty w/it since it makes me sleepy and brain fog worse (just the opposite of what it is supposed to d). I understand what you are saying re: the finacial situation and naet. I am presently fighting for disability (for years!!) and we live on my husband's teaching salary. Dr. Enlander is wonderful and I am so happy you have found him to help your daughter and yourself. He is skeptical of NAET and at one pont did tell me that he doesn't know "yin from yang" but if it works... just be sure you have a well-trained and knowledgeable practitioner because naet is a
    powerful therapy in the hands of a good practitioner. Do you go to see dr. enlander in the city? i see him both on the island and in the city - drives laura nuts!!!! Jeanne
  6. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

jeanne, I see Dr. E in the Manhattan office only every 3 months as we live 6 hours away. I can see where he may be skeptical of NAET,,,,,just my opinion.

Ralph - Are you back from sabatical yet?
  7. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

bump for the overworked Ralph
  8. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

I told him up front about the FM. He is trying to get my spine adjusted. I also have very bad arthritis in neck and back.

He did tell me that if anyone tells you they can take away the FM with a "magic bullet" they're lying. This one does not promote any type of "stuff". He said that I just have to learn to cope with it. That I will have my good and bad days and that I have to learn to pace myself on my good ones.

That doctor sounds a little scary to me.....the snapping of your head and back. The second day of treatment he touched something in mid back and I was in pain for the next 3 days. When I went back and told him, from that time on he used a little gadget that does the same as adjustment with his hands only is much gentler. It feels like a little stapler.....for want of a good explanation.

My doctor is doing slooooooow stretching and turning of my head and neck. He said he takes it slow so the body won't have a bad reaction.

I'm so sorry you had that assault. I hope you are healing mentally as well as physically. You take care...
  9. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

sunflower, thank you ever so much for the kind words. I too hope that you are able to achieve some relief from the pain of FM.

I am a CFS sufferer but frequently read posts from people who have FM and it breaks my heart to hear of the pain they endure.

My sincere best wishes that you are able to find relief......foxglove
  10. Juloo

Juloo Member

I've done about a dozen sessions of NAET (a modified version of the alternative practitioner I see), and I am now bringing my 9 year old son in for sessions as well.

My most amazing treatments were those for milk and for a metal. About 24 hours after treatment for milk, my nose 'de-congested' all at once -- that has NEVER happened to me before. It happened so suddenly that it actually startled me. The treatment for the metal was because I had a favorite ring that, when I wore it, produced itching and blisters on contact. After the waiting period of 25 hours, I've been able to wear the ring as often as I want without any type of reaction -- for over a year and a half!

Since we're on the subject of alternative treatments, please look into EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique). (You can probably Google it.) It sounds really far out and hokey (a person taps on energy meridian points while verbally -- or even non-berbally -- stating the problem), but it has lifted some deep and long-term emotional issues for me in short order.

The same practitioner that does the NAET-derivative treatment does EFT as well. The first time I went through a session (at the outside, it took 10 minutes to go through four or five rounds w/a little discussion between), I left leaving feeling (physically/emotionally/spiritually) "light". I have no other way to describe it. And I floated along like that for nearly three weeks. I found myself actually walking around SMILING...that is so definitely NOT me, normally.

Because your issues sound traumatic, I would recommend an experienced practitioner who is skilled in digging out core problems and is flexible and creative with application, although, you can download the beginner manual at their web site for free.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/04/2005]
  11. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Thanks for the information Juloo