Ran out off antibiotics and suffering

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by frickly, Jul 17, 2009.

1. frickly

frickly New Member

I ran out of my antibiotics which I take for a mycoplasmal infection. I did not realize that I did not have another refill and my doctor won't give me another one until I go in for an appointment. Unfortuanatly, there is nothing available until monday. I have been off them for about a week after four or five months of taking them everyday and am quickly going down hill. My pain is coming back and I have to sit in my chair for a good portion of the day due to weakness. It is very frightening that I can go down hill so quickly and I have been pretty depressed this week. I did recently start a new supplement called neurochondria which contains B12 Folate Coenzyme Q10, Acetyl L Carnitine and a couple of other ingredients. I wonder if this could be the cause? I think I will stop taking it for a couple of days to find out. Anyone else been on long term antibiotics and have a simular experience? I'm barely keeping my head above water.

2. Elisa

Elisa Member

I've been there!

Maybe the pharmacy will give you two or three to carry you over until Monday. I'd ask - tell them you take them daily and hadn't realized you'd run out before seeing your doc...

I hope this helps...

God Bless,

3. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Do you have one of the walk in clinics in your city that's open on Saturday? Some pharmacies also have nurse practictioners that will prescribe antibiotics. Call around and check on this. GB66
  4. frickly

frickly New Member

You both had good advice but I think I just did not have the energy to do anything. I stayed in bed most of the day and feel better tonight as a result. I should have insisted when talking to my doctors nurse that I needed enough to last until my appointment but didn't realize that I would be in this situation. It is so frightening to think that I am so close to going back to were I was before starting my antibiotics and glutithione/ATP injections. If it were not for this treatment, I know I would not be able to take care of my children. I am very depressed but determined to get a handle on this thing before it takes control again.

I appreciate you both taking time to answer me.

Take care,
  5. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

Hi Frickly -

I have been on antibiotics for years. I still have high antibodies for a mycoplasma infection.
    I was taken off of them for about a month and I went right down like you are doing. My doctor started and stopped me a couple of times before he realized what was going on.

So to answer your question, I did feel worse when I stopped them. However, after being put back on them, I started to feel better. I hope Monday gets here soon for you. Sorry you have to go through this..

6. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I hope you're feeling better today It's really scary to face the weekend with medical worries. Seems a lot of problems tend to hit us on Fridays . Good luck Monday. GB 66