Random post of the day!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by zenouchy, Feb 21, 2009.

1. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi all,

Here's a silly thing to ponder that's really random and as Seinfeld would say "all about nothing". If you have a Seinfeld state of mind, this post is for you. If not, perhaps not so much. At any rate, have you all ever noticed how many views some of these posts get and wonder how many "lurkers" we might have? Such as Ken's post about songs we might be embarrassed about? While 71 people have responded, it says that seven hundred twenty-three (723) people have viewed the post!

Now sometimes we might view the post a few times before responding to make sure we respond in context to the messages from other people---that makes sense. However, 700 views? And my post about Feds wanting our medical records has about 300 views while we had about 21 responses (you'll notice several other posts with such out wack viewer to response ratios---LOL).

Do we have lots of lurkers here? If so, I hope they will introduce themselves and say hello! We'd love to meet you! Or, are the viewing numbers incorrect?

This random thought of the day was brought to you by PEZ---because it's as random as my post!

All the best,

2. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

Hi Erika
    Lol-- yep, I wonder the same thing (and I love Seinfeld, too). I view posts at times and either have limited energy or feel jumping in would be intrusive, or see it's about something that I either have nothing to say, or no one would want to hear what I have to say...or I've felt like I'm saying too much...then there are other times when I just jump right in, especially if I think I can help or learn something.

I loved the Song thread and viewed it several times (and added to it a few more times), checking to see what else came along. I wish more had posted as well....but if they can only look, whether out of shyness or too much fog, etc, let's hope they enjoy or get something out of it. I got a LOT of laughs out of the song thread...

Take Care,
  3. bct

bct Active Member

Thought I'd let you know I just looked (at this point 1 reply and 20 peeks!)

4. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Cindy, what you said makes total sense. I do the same thing sometimes---I read posts sometimes and then find myself too tired to respond or don't think I have the best thing to contribute. 700 views for a post is a lot though! Glad you like Seinfeld too. The show has been off the air for like ten years now, and I still watch re-runs occasionally and crack up.

Barry, thanks for responding! Hope things are going well with you and hope to see more posts from you on the board. Feel free to jump in anytime!

All the best,

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

In the interests of scientific precision, and I know we all strive for that, 700 "Views" does not
    mean 700 people viewed a post. It could be, as you indicated, that one person viewed it several hundred times.
    Or a few people viewed it many, many times.

The possibilities are almost endless. Just like the list of stuff you can put on a Trisket.

Haven't had too much energy lately. Am doing a lot more viewing than posting.

I wonder if Random House has a message board. I wonder if the employees of Random House
    eat Triskets. If so, would they get a discount for buying a large "volume"?

6. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I viewed it 630 times! This is so embarrassing!

7. victoria

victoria New Member

I've been doing more lurking than posting... too tired or not enough time to post all too often.

I have noticed the 'traffic' on the main board and here have seemed to go down a bit, tho. I don't know if that's a good thing or not, so many good posts used to get lost so easily.

buenos noches,
  8. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Rockgor, yes indeed, I think we have a Triscuit-like situation that might even boggle brilliant statisticians. Our message board can be a tasty treat too. I think the Random House employees could qualify for the Triscuit discount as long as they "book it" in advance.

Rafiki, I KNEW it was you that was doing most of the viewing! ;-) ha ha. Hope all is well with you.

Victoria and Lydia, yes, I think it's also a time and energy factor too. For the lurkers who haven't introduced themselves, I hope they will! As Lydia stated, we really like to meet new folks.

I hope everyone feels better and gets the energy boost they need.

Thanks everyone for your replies. :)

Warm hugs,

9. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

Thsi is my first visit to Chit chat. .. I am guilty ...

I check the Fibro board everyday while working from home.. I always find someone has posted what I was feeling that day . so I don't end up posting .. just reading and feeling better to just know I am not alone.. i don;t always have the time to respond as I may have a call come through with work or such .. or may not have time .. or may be just tooo foggy .. to type very wel much less be able to spell.. LOL

just think of me a a spirit .. hanging out

This board sounds fun.. might just be what I need ..

Nice to meet you alll .. till next time . keep smiling

[This Message was Edited on 02/24/2009]
  10. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

What a pleasure to meet you! I'm so glad I you introduced yourself. You sound like many of us---sometimes we get busy too (hence my late response), fogged out, or we can't type too well either. You're a great fit for our board!

What kind of work do you do from home? It's great that you are able to work. Indeed, this message board could be a good break from time to time.

I highly encourage you to do a separate post and introduce yourself! Everyone will be happy to meet you. Jump in anytime you feel like it!

Welcome again and best wishes,

[This Message was Edited on 02/26/2009]