Random Thoughts, Worries... add on if you wish

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, May 18, 2010.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

Random Thoughts for the Day: I didn't write this, they came from
    but can relate.

Feel free to add any... you can also add them at the above site :)

-I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

-Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

-I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

-My 5 yr old lectured me this morning on the way to school about how we can't really call it a Fork in the road, cause forks have 3,sometimes 4, so we should call it a scissors in the road cause there's only 2. I am starting her law school fund now.

-There is great need for a sarcasm font.

-How are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

-Was learning cursive really necessary?

-Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

-Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

-I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

-Bad decisions make good stories.

-You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

-I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page document that I swear I did not make any changes to.

-"Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this -- ever.

-I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. (What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?)

-I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

-I keep some people's phone numbers in my cellphone just so I know not to answer when they call.

-I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

-LOL has gone from meaning, "laugh out loud" to "I have nothing else to say" too often.

-How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't understand what someone said?
    (I can add, I've had this dilemma even if they speak the same language as I do ;)

-Sleeping on the other end of my bed kind of feels exotic, like I'm sleeping in a different bed. I need to get out more.

This last one I was thinking about adding before I realized it was already part of the list:

-Why do my proofreading skills become suddenly heightened immediately after I click "Send"?

I'm sure I'll think of a few after I hit 'submit'...

2. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

I enjoyed reading that. I found myself nodding my head in agreement. Im not smart enough to add anything but i used to have an elderly neighbor whod made a pact with her best friend that when one of them "went", the other would go in and clean out the dreaded junk drawers and bedside table. Ive made dh promise to do that for me. Especially my bedside table. There are things in there that are nobodys business. . .;)
  3. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

...I just LOVED those. I would have laughed out loud but my DH is sleeping cuz he worked last night. I'm going to e-mail those to a bunch of people I know would appreciate them.

Oh, and Becky......just what IS in your bedside table? Maybe we should start a thread titled "what's in YOUR bedside table?" Think anyone would be honest??!!
  4. spacee

spacee Member

I don't have a bedside drawer...so I need info about that.

LOL (lots of love)

Good post Vicky ;)

5. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I just got this post in an email the other day. Loved it.

Funny story about the LOL

I had written it a few times in an email to my boss.
    He thought I was ending my emails saying "lots of love". Oh boy.

Glad we finally straighted that out!
  6. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

I absolutely plead the 5th about my bedside drawers. I would lie to yall...:)
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

now you probably have all of us imagining things way worse than you really do have!!!!

Here's another one I can relate to:

It worries me how often I arrive at my destination with absolutely no memory of driving myself there. Did I fall asleep? Had I been hypnotized? Was I even in the car? I'll never know.

and one I'll have to remember when annoyed:
    I like to make tailgaters mad by hitting my windshield washer button - it never misses their windshield too.

So Loopy-Lou, hope you're up and around...
  8. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Lol...youre prolly right victoria...but i would be mortified if someone got in those drawers. Of course i wouldnt exactly be around to care tho would i? . . Ooh you shouldnt have told me about the washer fluid. I didnt know itd hit the tailgater! Just wait till the next time someones riding my butt!
  9. victoria

victoria New Member

Well it's better than hitting the brakes?
    and it might go that far, depending on your car...

I have seen it happen to others including myself (tho I'm sure it was not intentional)
    but haven't measured my current car's "squirt" to see if it would actually go that far ...

10. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Well theres a lot of aggressive Texans that go thru here (dont get mad at me...Im a native Texan) and Im sure Ill get the chance to test it out! I told my son thats why they have all those "drive friendly" signs all over the state lol.
  11. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

I have this bumper sticker on my car....

....."Did you ever stop to think and forget to start again?"
  12. victoria

victoria New Member

I had a bumper sticker one time that most guys really hated it...
    the women loved it:

"Do not wash. This car is undergoing a scientific dirt test"

Somebody also stole all 4 hubcaps within 2 minutes in a parking lot;
    I refused to replace them since I figured it would just happen again.

Not sure which bugged the guys more LOL,
    not having the hubcaps or the bumper sticker.

sure was a conversation starter tho...

[This Message was Edited on 05/23/2010]