Rapid degeneration of fingers - tendon spasming

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Misdiagnosed, May 2, 2003.

1. Misdiagnosed

Misdiagnosed New Member

Hi there
    does anyone else have thickened myofscia around fingerjoints and feeling of tightness and stiffness in hands, not to mention taught tendons in legs that extend to ankles, with fibrous nodules around toe joints and squelchy feeling in balls of feet with lower calf fluid retention and muscle hardness..

My doc. is very vague about all this - has commented that I'm developing osteoarthritis (one finger joint only showing slight swelling/deformation.

Fingers prone to spasming, especially in the morning.
    Legs have developed tight fibrotic bands that extend into feet and ankles - cause a calcified crusty feeling that I can break down, using my fingers but they return fairly quickly.

thanks
    Gill
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

A few years ago, I had serious problems with my feet and hands. I even developed a bone spur under my foot (on the heel).
    I would actually be hanging on to the walls at night to go to the bathroom, my feet hurt, were swollen, red and just plain awful.
    My pinkie and index fingers on both hands were lumpy (for lack of a better word!), they were also swollen in the mornings.

I started taking Pro Energy (Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate), I take ZMA (zinc, magnesium and B-6)I also took 'Joint Fuel' (Glucosamine/Chrondroitin) by Twinlab.

I stopped the Joint Fuel, but still continue the other two.

My feet and hands are fine now. In fact my nails (which were flaking, peeling, and breaking off) are growing so well that I need to keep them trimmed, they look great again).

I am now wearing my 3" high heels again. I have no more problems with hands or feet anymore.

I still have four fingers that are not too pretty with the extended bulges, but they don't hurt or have infection around the bone anymore. With the long nails now, its hardly noticeable.

I also started drinking half my body weight in ounces of water a day, along with a quarter teaspoon of Sea Salt during the day.

I credit this recovery to the above, that is all I was doing different.

HOpe this helps you. I had asked the doctor about my feet and hands, all I got was it comes with 'age'!

He did offer me some arthritis meds, which I refused, as I am very allergic to meds, and most meds for arthritis have asprin in them.

I had ulcers at one time, and have IBS too, so those type of meds were out of the question.

Shalom, Shirl

3. billiegail

billiegail New Member

and they don't know squat. The doctors that I have been too don't want to really blame anything on FM or CFS. They keep looking for other reasons. Mainly my depression. They think if they get that under control all of these pains will go away.
    What a joke.
    Good luck to ya and God bless you
  4. Misdiagnosed

Misdiagnosed New Member

I'm already on the ZMA and Pro Energy - my water isn't up to what it should be yet so I'll work on that and the sea salt - I'll try that too. Thanks.

My doctor has given me two products Athrasal Plus (contains celery, ginger, devil's claw, bromelain and copper) and Flextione (contains Glucosamine, Calcium, Boswell acid, and Vit D). Only got those yesterday so will see how they go.

This damned condition is a nightmare - it seems to have taken a turn for the worse in the last 2 weeks. Hands and feet implicated and now fluid retention in calves. Gee I hope I find something that tips it the other way. Just started fresh veg. juicing this morning too.
    I'm willing to give anything a go.
    Thanks for your time
    Regards
    Gill
  5. Misdiagnosed

Misdiagnosed New Member

Know what you mean - I've been offered anti-depressants too and had to stop the Zoloft after 3 days - couldn't sleep, couldn't eat - horrible stuff.

Fortunately doctor tested hormones and found eostrogen/progesterone were so low they were non-measurable. She put me on bio-identical troches which have really helped with the depression - I still get really down about what's happening to my body but I'm not feeling so dreadful within myself.

I too resent the implication that my emotions are the cause of all this stuff. I just have to keep believing that somewhere, somehow, my symptoms will reverse. They came out of nowhere so maybe I can get them to back to nowhere:)

Thanks for your reply
    Regards
    Gill
  6. Misdiagnosed

Misdiagnosed New Member

I'll go seek out your thread - I keep getting told that I don't fit the picture of fibro because my pain is less than my lumpiness/spasms. I don't know what to think anymore.

Although this morning I started to get a neuralgia -type pain through all my legs. Before that it was mostly a locked up, pulled feeling, muscles not lying flat - now it seems to be both.

I've bombed that 'FMS trumpets" already - they're not going to get me!!

Thanks for your reply
    Regards
    Gill