Rascally little rabbit has lunch with kitty

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by morningsonshine, Jun 23, 2008.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

This is my new Flemish Giant, my hubby brought home for me two days ago.

He's only 6 weeks old and will be bigger than the cat when fully grown about 17 to 20lbs.

He's a real little sweety, not scared at all and comes for petting, putting his head up for rubbing, and he, Zeke, give lots of soft warm bunny kisses to hands, arms, legs or cheeks, noses too! LOL

I lost my other Flemish Giant about a year ago and have been missing him. He was a very pretty silver one, the new bunny, Zeke, is a Sandy, or more closely like a wild bunny in color.
    He likes strawberries! Check out my profile.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/23/2008]
  2. jole

jole Member

Love the picture! Can't say as I've seen one before, but he sounds like a sweetie! Bet he and the cat will be lots of fun to watch, and lots of company for you!
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

bunny Zeke is zee cu-tee. The kitty looks just like Huckle who was born in our flower garden 7 or 8 years ago.

I had a pet rabbit when I was a kid. Its favorite food was apples.

Is it safe to leave the two alone together?

4. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Is always closely watched while hoping around the kitchen.

He's outside today, in a bunny playpen, enjoying the grass.

Finding a pen that will be big enough for him when full sized is going to be a challenge.

That's why i lost my first one, i was keeping him in my unused horse box stall, which was very comfy for him, but kids kept leaving the door open, and he finely disappeared.

Rockgor, the kitty is Ziggy, he was litterally born in my lap by momma kitty. She came in the house moewing and crying, and when i sat down to see what was wrong with her.

She climbed in my lap and had her baby. I made her a bed in the laundry room where she had the others.

She was our calico farm cat. Ziggy started purring at 4 weeks old, we kept him, and found home for the rest, including momma meow, meow.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/23/2008]
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Cat looks like my Mollie I lost to old age many years ago. Bunny looks like Chester, who was so smart he could open the cupboard door and knock out the cookie tin and roll it over for a cookie!!! He sort of used the litter tray, but not all the time....

One of my cats loves corn on the cob, another used to eat bananas and my old dog, now gone would peel oranges and eat them.

Weird as their momma!

Love Annie
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

are so cute looking. What is the wabbit eating. It is red and looks like it might be a strawberry, is it? Oh, dopey me I just read the last part of your post,. Yes, it is a strawberry - smart little bunny !!

That bunny really looks like he is almost a toy bunny, so fluffy and soft like the make the fake anials now for kids. I still remember my son's original teddy bear was not that soft. He is in his mid thirties now. I think I might have already given it back to him. Back in those days they were not to soft but somehow the kids loved them anyway.

Hope you find a agood safe place for him that he doesn't run away or get attacked bu something bigger.

Huags and blessings,

7. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

When I was a kid we had house bunny that we fed with an eyedropper when the mother (first litter, only two babies)
    abandoned the bunnies. We saved one and it became a wonderful, affectionate, pet.

House training wasn't a problem. We had an unused fireplace and the rabbit only went there.

We had a few outdoor bunnies that were impossible to keep in yard because they would dig their way out. I probably shouldn't admit this, but my mom was talking to the base commander's wife who innocently mentioned that she had a problem with rabbits in her garden.......probably ours.

Cheers, mr bill

[This Message was Edited on 06/24/2008]
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

Cute Photo!,,,,Looks like the little guy is eating a strawberrie...lolo,,,,,Zeke is a Beautiful Cat!,,,Dh has good taste in Gifts!,,,,,,,Sis
  9. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Very sweet.