Rash in One corner of my mouth? What is this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by place, Jan 3, 2007.

1. place

place New Member

I have had a pea to dime size rash, that peals, for over two months. When I went on Valtrex, it went away.

But within 3 days of getting off the valtrex, it comes back!

I am so frustrated!!!@!

What is this and how the heck do I get rid of it?

Thanks in advance for your replys
  2. place

place New Member

It is mainly just red.

I have looked at some photo's of shingles but I don't think that is it due the fact I have no blisters.

I did read at another site someone else had this who had CFS. but could not link back to her original post.
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

It might be a B vitamin deficiency - many years ago I had somethnig similar and one of my sisters told me to take B vitamins. It eventually went away, perhaps in response to the B vitamins, I can't remember.

I just did a little on-line research which said it could be yeast as well.

I think it's also possible that it might be a cold sore, which is why the Valtrex made it go away.

If I were you, I would make sure I took a good B vitamin complex, and then also take virgin coconut oil, about 2 tablespoons a day. It kills yeast, and there is evidence that it can kill herpes viruses as well, so it could cover both of those possibilities.

Mary
  4. place

place New Member

I will get some coconut oil tomorrow!

I have been taking a b suppliment but just a store brand.

It might me HHV, I heard there are over 30,000 types. As I write that, that number really sounds off (someone correct me who knows about HHV).

It so strange, I did not wake with it but yet I am going to bed with a dime size red mark.

And it starting on the other side, by tomorrow, I will look like a clown!

Thanks agin for your help! I really appreaciate it!

Place
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Place - I don't know what you meant by a store brand of B vitamin. One good brand that I think is better absorbed than many is by Solaray - it's in capsules (I think the capsules are rice-based), instead of tablets. B vitamins in tablet form always left a yucky feeling in my stomach, I don't think I absorbed them well.

So you may want to switch your B vitamin as well --

Good luck!

Mary
  6. cw

cw New Member

Freeze it with an ice cube several times a day, it kills the virus if it's herpes (cold sore) related.
  7. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

I treat mine with aloe vera and a 1/10 hydrogen peroxide--not at the same time.

I have a patch over my left eye, and on the upper part of my lip (inexplicably)

CFS 6 1/2 years -- 25 years old
  8. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

I can get that from certain toothpastes or breath mints.

Try switching.
  9. place

place New Member

CW: freezing it, I love it, practical and afordable!

Gothbubbles, it so wierd you mention eye! when I first got this, I got a little patch of it on my eyelid. that went away but the mouth stayed! I am only 31 and have a low chance of shinggles too.

Last night I started taking olive leaf extract and got back on doxy, this morning it looks much better.

I think it was the olive leaf, I was on doxy when I got this thing (I think.. it's been an eternity since I got this thing).

I am not one to respond to suppliments, but hey at 12 buck a bottle, not a bad solution. But I will wait and see!

Thank you all so much for posting, I really don't know what I would do with out my support site!

Have a great weekend!