Rash on Scalp-Anyone else??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by VickyB, Mar 26, 2003.

1. VickyB

VickyB New Member

I have a constant rash all over my scalp that starts out like red, itchy, watery pimples-then they bust and look like a flat red sore. Does anyone else have this?? The doctor said it looked like a wheat allergy rash but I stopped eating wheat and I still have the rash.
    Does anyone have any idea what it could be??
    Thanks, Vicky
  2. KathiM

KathiM New Member

I ahve the SAME thing..........

I was started on Plaquenil 2 weeks ago so assumed it was from that bet I have had them off and on long before that.....

Your guess is as good as mine.....
    Hope someone can help us !!!!!!!

Kathim
  3. teremka

teremka New Member

I have had "excema" or "dandruff" on my scalp for years. It turns out it is caused by candida yeast overgrowth, which comes out in your pores when it can't find a place to escape in your intestines. If you have food allergies or excess toxins in your intestines, they will find a way to come out elsewhere, sometimes on your scalp. Try cutting out foods that you suspect may be allergenic, add psyllium to your diet and try an anti-fungal on your scalp. But only IF this is the cause.

Tere
  4. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

I have this!!! I've never said anything to anyone...to embarassed. Just going thru life not knowing what it is. I have it on my scalp mostly right around the hair line and really bad behind my ears. Can't tell you the last time I wore my hair up. I've been to worried someone would notice behind my ears. Guess I'll talk to my doctor...kept thinking he would think I didn't bathe or something. I know sounds stupid, but true.

Tammy
  5. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Thanks for the reply. I have a question about what kind of anti-fungal would you use on your scalp?? This may be a dumb question but there are so many products out there-What is best??
  6. Dixie

Dixie New Member

I also had this symptom. Small bumps that looked like pimples, itched, turned into open sores. Nothing made them go away. I tried cortizone and other topical creams etc. What finally helped, was changing my shampoo! I also had tried every dandruff shampoo out there, prescibed ones even. BUT none helped. Then I tried really gentle shampoos with no harsh chemicals. I use Baby Shampoo or Kids' shampoo. The sores healed and do not come back as long as I use the Baby or Kids' shampoo. Sometimes if I travel and forget it, I have to use regular shampoo and the sores come back, but go away if I don't scratch them and go back to the gentle shampoo.
  7. kat444

kat444 New Member

I have had this since i was about 11 it was the first symptom i had and it was closely followed by raynauds phenomenon.