Rash or Break-out on face Anyone???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosesark, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Rosesark

Rosesark New Member

Hi all, just wondering if any of you have a rash or is your face breaking out? I started with a kind of red dry rash across my nose and cheeks, a little on chin, then it turned into little clear liquid filled bumps. I tested negative with the lupus blood test. The new neurologist i saw last week said that i could have a connective tissue disease also. i am going to have to read about that one. I just hate my face looking like this. Thanks, Rose
  2. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

I have it and CFS...take Metrogel for it...started over 4 years ago and just got the Rx for it a few months ago. It is something you need to verify w/your doc, it can be treated, but not cured. Sometimes it will just go away and sometimes it hangs on for ever...don't know, in my case, just wish it would go away...I can't even wear makeup to cover it up because that makes it look worse...dry flakey and little tiny pimply type bumps every now and then. Sometimes it itches, too. Worse if you scrub your face...just wipe gently and use mild cleanser, non-comedogenic (doesn't clog the pores). Also don't use too hot of water, just warm. Can flare up from time to time, too...stress is factor and auto-immune can trigger, also. Hope this helps and hope yours turns out to be something easier to treat, but if it's Rosacea, look up everything you can on the subject and get the meds.

Good luck,
    1Writer
  3. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

I Have had a lot of unusual rashed. Have had fms/autoimmune
    forr 28 years. My feet will blister and peel, I have had it on my hands, very little on my face, but I have it in my hair.

I also get little patches all over at various times. Theydo come on my face, but very bad, I look adolecent.

They called mine Psorisis.What I do is take a hot bath every day,put two caps of bubble bath, aaand 1 cup bath
    salts(calgon, or epsoms salt.While the bottom half of me is soaking in the tub, I pour the hot water over me and it helps the hurt,not to mention your skin will look great.

While your body is still damp Put a good lotion on all over
    It helps the hurg and improves your skin too.

1maqt
  4. starstella

starstella New Member

any antidepressant medications? I had a strange rash on my neck and face for months until I realized it was a side effect of whatever antidepressant the doc was trying at that time. Just a thought.
  5. sapphire

sapphire New Member

Hi Rose,
    It does sound like it could be Rosacea. I was just diagnosed with it about a month ago. I have a prescription cleanser that I use twice a day and a topical lotion along with pills twice a day. It has helped some.
    Sounds like you may need to see a Dermatologist. I did and I'm glad. At least I know what it is.
    Hope it clears up soon for you.

Sapphire
  6. fifty1ford

fifty1ford New Member

Roseark,

I have problems with acne and those kind of bumps with clear liquid in them as you have described and have linked to the consumption of anything that has yeast in it and/or diary products. I have stopped the dairy altogether, but it is much more difficult to avoid the yeast! Expescially when I like oriental food so much (I am of asian decent) and the soysauce (shoyu) is fermented soy extract which contains yeast and when I consume just a little, I will experience a breakout within 24 hours.

I have since started using a facial mask consisting of one tbsp. of organic corn meal, one tbsp. of organic crystalized honey and an egg yolk. I mix, cleanse my face and apply the mixture gently messaging it into my skin, then leave it on for 25 minutes, wash off with warm water and moisturize. I have seen an improvement in just three days of usage. Be careful to keep this mixture away from you eyes!

Give it a try, it couldn't hurt.

Peace,
    fifty1ford
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Back in the 80's I had rosacea and it was awful. Then, I started using Clinique cosmetics and it went away. The only thing my dermatologist could figure out is that the Clinique helped the Ph level on my skin and that allowed the rosacea to clear up. I haven't had it since (know on wood).

I'm now using the Obagi skin care products which are truly amazing.

Love, Mikie