Rashy when you are in a flare???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hi I have the flu/flare right now and my skin has been rashy off and on with this DD. I noticed this morning that I have alot of rashes and see bumps on my chest and neck (sort of like bug bites).

Do you all notice that you get rashy when your immune system is shot or going thru a flare? They kind of itch too. Last night my legs were itching so bad, they hurt from me scratching and felt very warm to the touch.

Just wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone.

HUGS
    KIm
  2. Kryssie

Kryssie New Member

I do that when I run a fever. I usually run a fever when I am in flare for some odd reason. Anyway yes, you are not alone!
    Usually I look *hivey* around my neck, shoulders, chest and upper back.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/08/2006]
  3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

okay - I am not alone. DO you get the ones on top of the hivey look that are like bug bites? I dont know... my lymph nodes are huge too... yuck :-(
    hugs..
  4. Kryssie

Kryssie New Member

Yep! And my back itches more than any of it. Prb because I cant reach that lol. I have found it lingers for a few days after the fever is gone too. Sometimes benedryl works for it though and helps clear it up. HTH and hope you feel better soon!
  5. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thank you Kryssie, for your help! Benadryl might be a good solution tonight... Yikes - so itchy!
    Hugs
    Kim
  6. Kryssie

Kryssie New Member

I hope you feel better soon, I always feel like I have the plague when that stuff starts LOL! and your welcome!
  7. yes,i get a rash on my face cheeks and chest,when im in a flare.i think this is due to my chronic fatigue syndrome.you know,the flu flare.id never thought it was in any way connected to my illness,i just thought that maybe my body was over heated.but its always there when this flu flare comes,so it must be part of the chronic fatigue syndrome.the rash looks like measles.it doesnt stay for more than a day.but none the less,its telling me something,just wish i knew what.

kind regards
    fran
  8. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hi Fran - Thank you... I wish I knew what it was saying too :)
    Thanks for writing to me - I am not alone I guess. Looks and feels yuck & itchy.
    Hugs
    Kim
  9. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I was sick with the flu/cold several weeks ago, but have never really recovered. Just this week, about 5 days ago, I broke out with the same kind of pimple like things all over my trunk & legs. They are really painful little bumps. When I first got the flu, I broke out in a terrible fever rash, big blistery acne like craters all over my chest, back, neck & face. That was very painful and hard to get rid of. I generally have good skin. I hope you are starting to feel a little better, Laura
  10. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

HI Laura - sorry you are going thru this too. My scalp itches sooo bad too - all over really. I guess this is all a part of this DD.

Thanks for writing...we all have lots of strange things going on I guess.
    HUGS
    Kim