Rats and mycoplasma

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kurt, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Kurt

Kurt New Member

My girlfriend and I live in an apartment, so we really could not have any pets. We almost purchased a ferret. However, they kinda stink and can be a little mean. Well, we went to the pet store to by a ferret and the sales clerk talked her into getting a different pet. I know this sounds disgusting, but it is really not that bad. My girlfriend wanted to buy a RAT!!!!!!! I was horrified to say the least. Well, we took the thing home and named it Simon. You may not believe me, but that was the best pet I have ever had. Better than any cat or dog by far!!!! They are extremely clean and exceptionally intelligent. I would never buy a rat again because they have too much personality for something that only lives a few years. I prefer dogs to be honest. Anyways, I am telling you this because it had a chronic infectious respiratory disease caused from mycoplasma. Rats are prone to this disease and can really be cured. Well, I developed FM right around when Simon died. I was told that the respiratory disease couldn’t be passed on to humans. Honestly, I don’t think Simon gave me this disorder because I think low-level symptoms existed way before he ever came into the picture. However, with all the talk of mycoplasma, I thought I would pass my story on to the other people out there.

Also, I work with a lady that has had fibromyalgia for about 22 years. However, she has never been diagnosed with it. She takes the same medication I do for the exact same reasons. We had a good talk yesterday, sharing our war stories and battles. I also worked with another lady with it too. It is amazing how many people have this wonderful disorder. I am truly convinced that a lot more people have it than 3-6 million people. I think the 3-6 million have a bad case of it. I truly believe that a lot of people suffer from it, just a much lower form. Anyways, that is my two cents on that matter.

Kurt
  2. Kurt

Kurt New Member

My girlfriend and I live in an apartment, so we really could not have any pets. We almost purchased a ferret. However, they kinda stink and can be a little mean. Well, we went to the pet store to by a ferret and the sales clerk talked her into getting a different pet. I know this sounds disgusting, but it is really not that bad. My girlfriend wanted to buy a RAT!!!!!!! I was horrified to say the least. Well, we took the thing home and named it Simon. You may not believe me, but that was the best pet I have ever had. Better than any cat or dog by far!!!! They are extremely clean and exceptionally intelligent. I would never buy a rat again because they have too much personality for something that only lives a few years. I prefer dogs to be honest. Anyways, I am telling you this because it had a chronic infectious respiratory disease caused from mycoplasma. Rats are prone to this disease and can really be cured. Well, I developed FM right around when Simon died. I was told that the respiratory disease couldn’t be passed on to humans. Honestly, I don’t think Simon gave me this disorder because I think low-level symptoms existed way before he ever came into the picture. However, with all the talk of mycoplasma, I thought I would pass my story on to the other people out there.

Also, I work with a lady that has had fibromyalgia for about 22 years. However, she has never been diagnosed with it. She takes the same medication I do for the exact same reasons. We had a good talk yesterday, sharing our war stories and battles. I also worked with another lady with it too. It is amazing how many people have this wonderful disorder. I am truly convinced that a lot more people have it than 3-6 million people. I think the 3-6 million have a bad case of it. I truly believe that a lot of people suffer from it, just a much lower form. Anyways, that is my two cents on that matter.

Kurt