Raw fruits and veggies

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sue50, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

Hi Ladies I haven't been here for awhile but I wanted to tell you all about my experience. I have been eating a lot of raw food and feeling ohhhh so much better. More energy, no major pain, just a little in my knees and ofcourse my neck and shoulders, so I thought I had found the answer for me to get better.

Last thursday I ate the last of my raw food, so I went 3 days eating what was left in the house (had to wait for payday to buy more groceries) so my diet was some canned soup, crackers and whatever I could do with bread and eggs.

I woke up this morning feeling really bad, fatigued, and major pain all over, I did go grocery shopping today and stocked up on the fruit and veggies, (mostly organic)
    so I'm hoping I will be feeling better in a few days.
    What a difference a few days of "bad" food makes, I'm going to make sure I have enough money to buy fruitand veggies at the end of the month!!
  2. crdmkr2004

crdmkr2004 New Member

Sue,
    Good for you, I have been doing the South Beach Diet for just over 2 weeks now, and I have totally cut out all wheat products, sugar, rice,potatoes and high glycemic fruits and veggies. I eat alot of raw vegetables, cooked veggies, salads, lean protein meats (no processed)and lowfat,no fat dairy products. I have lost 13 pounds and actually feel awake in the morning and energetic. I think I do stuff around the house but still have to pace myself so I actually don't overdo. It has made a difference in my energy level for sure. I can start adding back low glycemic fruits now too. It does cost more to eat healthy but I think the benefits make it worth it.Good luck
    Sandy