Raynaud's, need some help with this........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by laura81655, Oct 30, 2005.

1. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Hi, I have severe fibro in my ankles and feet. I was also diagnosed with Raynaud's just last week. My hands are pretty much ok. I have low BP so I don't know if I can take the calcium channel blocker.

I soak my feet in hot water with Epsom salts, for the fibro. But then it will also make my feet turn blue afterwards. Could use any help here....thanks...

Laura
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

I also have Raynauds. My skin--mainly arms and hands, and legs and feet--but also rest of my body, turn different shades of pink, red, blue, and purple, sometimes with white spots mixed in.

If your feet are turning blue after soaking in hot water, I would QUIT doing it until you talk with your doctor.

Raynauds has to do with the circulation and you may have to stop soaking your feet--especially in hot water.

Janet
  3. winsomme

winsomme New Member

i have raynaud's, but i still don't have a treatment for it.

i am looking, though. there is a supplement that is supposed to be helpful called germanium-132.

i can't speak to its effectiveness. also, there is a med used in europe called piracetam.

check out:

www.piracetam.com

i also can't give any personal info on this.
    thanks
    bill
  4. darvick

darvick New Member

My whole family has it, from Grandpa. I live in florida so it is under control, however if i mix stuff like hamburg my hands turn white and blue. My sis is up north and she almost had frostbite on toes. You have to take precautions, like warm water then always have slippers, socks on stuff like that to keep going from one extreme to another. Talk to YOUR DOC though.
    Darlene