Re advice ( from the Uk)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by julie87, Aug 23, 2011.

1. julie87

julie87 New Member

Sorry I sent this twice, I just need to do an update.
    I said on the post I hadn't had an attack for a week and when I said that it was in June.
    I have had 3 or 4 a day most days.last week I had four attacks I doubt these are seizures but they are very strange. They can happen anytime of the day when I am doing nothing or something. I have no warning,I just go very week, then legs buckle and have to sit down, I don't always have the sofa and I have dropped to the floor,my eye can be open or closed. I know what is going on around me but can't move and speech goes slurred, both legs buckle and arms just drop and go week.sometimes I go shaky,then it happens. I don't go to sleep but feel very tired and shattered for the rest of the day. I have had a normal EEG and no more tests as doctors thing this is a non epileptic seizure but it's not a seizure. I have been told it's not fibromyalgia so really worried now of what it is. Just need to know if anyone has similar.
    Thank you.
  2. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

Hi Julie!

First I would like to say, welcome to Prohealth and this msg. board! You are in the right place. Hopefully there are others here that have had or know someone who has had these symptoms! My first thought in reading your post was maybe Narcolepsy? Then you had said you have had a sleep study done and did not get that diagnosis. I wish I could help more but mainly just wanted to say welcome and that I am happy that you found us. The people here are very caring, kind and compassionate. These folks can offer a wealth of info and advice. You should get some good replies! Good luck and I hope you can get to the bottom of this soon. Also, have you recently started any new meds? Many meds have bad side effects so I would research that here on Prohealth and on the web. Take care and Good luck,

Faith, Peace and Comfort, Julie (another Julie! there are many Julie's here!)