RE: AlphaStim Unit for fibro. Pain

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Honey45, Sep 8, 2007.

  1. Honey45

    Honey45 New Member

    Hi to all of you! I hope you all are having a pain free day. Unfortunately, I'm not! Have any of you heard of the Alpha-Stim Unit for fibro pain? My doc. referred me to a PT who uses this unit in his practice. Anyway, he attaches ear clips to my ear lobes. These are connected to a little transmitter box that can be clipped on a belt... I've had 3-30 minute sessions along with medical massages. The unit shoots minute pulses of electricity, which is supposed to change your pain signals/waves in your brain. The sessions are painless! My PT claims with some people they notice a difference right away and with others it could take up to three weeks. (I must be a 3 week person.) I pray this works because I'm in a lot of pain. Oh, I almost forgot my insurance company is covering most of the costs for these sessions. If you've heard of this unit or have had sessions, I'd appreciate it totally if you'd post a message to me. I teach school and need relief from the pain. Also, if any of you are interested in learning about the unit Google it, but make sure you type in "Alpha-Stim for Fibromyalgia Pain". The unit is also used for other health issues. I apologize for being too long winded!



    [This Message was Edited on 09/11/2007]
  2. alaska3355

    alaska3355 New Member

    I have heard of Alpha-stim, and it was used on my back for a chiropractic session. I don't have fibro, so I don't know how beneficial it may be- I hope it is for your sake! It takes a lot of energy to teach school- I have done it some, but now I am a private piano teacher.

    Another member of our board, Prickles, uses a TENS unit machine.....something like Alpha-stim, I think. You may want to check out some of her posts to see what she does for her fibro. She is a great source of info!

    Take care,
  3. Honey45

    Honey45 New Member


    Thanks so much for your reply to my post. I was beginning to think that no one has heard of an Alpha-Stim Unit. I think it's beginning to help a bit. Today I had my forth session. My Tens Unit seemed to aggravate my fibro. I stopped using it. Thanks again! :)

  4. Honey45

    Honey45 New Member


    Thank you for your response to my post. I mentioned to Alaska that the Tens Unit didn't help me. It aggravated my fibromyalgia. I feel like the Alpha-Stim Unit is help a bit.
    My insurance sucks raw eggs---I can't purchase it until I've met my $500.00 deductible--- the unit cost around 845.00. I'm not rich enough to stay well! lol Thanks again!

  5. Honey45

    Honey45 New Member

    Hi! Update!!!!
    The Alpha-Stim Unit is really working for me. I found out that if I use an IN-Network Provider that my insurance company will pay 80% for a unit and I'll pay the other 20%. It'll end up costing about 179.00. You good folks out there interested---ask your doctor for a prescription, call your insurance company and ask for in- network providers. They gave me names and numbers. I found a company that will purchase one for me and I'll pay them for the unit.

    Good luck to you all I would also Google it by typing in "Alpha-Stim for fibro. Pain".

    Honey45 :D

    [This Message was Edited on 09/16/2007]

[ advertisement ]