RE AMERICAN IDOL TONIGHT TUESDAY 4/22

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lgp, Apr 22, 2008.

1. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

HEY GUYS--WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST TONIGHT DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND MY CONTROL..

YOU SEE, I AM VACATIONING IN SUNNY SANIBEL ISLAND FLORIDA AND WE MADE LAST MINUTE PLANS TO GO TO A JAZZ CLUB FOR DINNER AND MUSIC. I AM SO EXCITED!!! I HAVEN'T FELT THIS GREAT IN AGES--THIS CLIMATE IS DEFINITELY AGREEING WITH ME!!!

WILL CHECK BACK LATER IN THE WEEK AND HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYS THE SHOW!!!

DON'T STAY UP TOO LATE KIDS--

LAURA

2. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Andrew Lloyd Webber has a bunch of great songs to choose from... beautiful, powerful, emotional songs! So this was an interesting theme for the week.

Syesha - Contrary to my above statement, I hated THIS song. It was tedious and the lyrics were too repetitive and inane. (Sorry ALW!) But...Syesha sang the heck outta the song anyway. Her performance was great! Loved the energy, attitude and moxy! I fear she will end up in the bottom 3 anyway, since she seems to have no fan base. But I don't think she belongs there.

David A - Thought he did a wonderful job on his song. I am not familiar with the orig version, so I don't know how he changed it...but it was very well sung, and he followed ALW's advise and kept his eyes open too. I read that he botched his lyrics, and that the camera's just happened to be on the back of his head at the moment of the flub. But it went right past me.

Jason chose Memory from Cats, and provided the line of the season when he stated, "I didn't know a cat was singing it." Seriously Jason? I think he was trying to power down the song, and do it in a new way, and he seemed to be trying to put a lot of emotion into it, but I just don't think he did it well. There was something lacking.

Carly - I know the judges loved her last night, but it was a little too screamy in parts for me. The back-up singers were drowning her out on the high notes. But she was having such fun singing it! I still thought it was a good performance though. She had a neat dress with sleeves that covered her painted limb. And the t-shirt was funny! I was happy for her that Simon loved her this week.

David C broke his own mold last night and sang this one a little more straightforward. He is certainly the king of the unexpected. Oddly though, the one time he is really expected to be alluring, he was less so than usual. Still, one of the best performances of the evening.

Brooke really...
    Let me start that again.

Brooke really messed up when she pulled the stop-and-start over routine, again. The first time, the judges were ok with it, but this time, not so much. I was shocked that Simon was willing to let that ride at this point in the game. The competition is tough, and she is already struggling to stay afloat. A blunder like that, this close to the end is not going to work in her favor. Her emotional instability and her pouty face erase any iota of professionalism she might have ever had. It's a shame. She has such a beautiful voice and is just so darn cute. But I fully expect her to be planted on one of the Jetson seats. And as she was singing "You Must Love Me," I thought what an apt swan song it would be if she was voted out.

I agree with your rankings Kina, but I can't decide which David I liked best this week. I definitely think this will be a David to David duel for the finale.

Laura, I hope you are having a wonderful, magical time in Florida! I miss your usual amazing synopsis, but you have a good excuse. I appreciate the fact that you still managed to post the thread for the rest of us. Have fun, and see you when you return!
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

I really did'nt like or love anyone this week.
    (am I picky?) lol

Seems to me like Brooke will leave this week but my 11 yr old son says different. ..... He thinks Carly will be sent home.
    Its so sad to see any of them go at this stage of the competition.

I agree with The the 2 Davids being the top 2 finals this yr.

take care evryone
  4. desertlass

desertlass New Member

I actually liked hearing David Cook sing something that wasn't in a rock ballad style.

I thought it let his voice showcase itself. Does that make any sense?

I think my husband I have gotten into this season more than our kids have.

Carly did pretty well, and it was the perfect choice for her.

I'm not a huge David A. fan-- I think he would be great in the Contemporary Christian genre, but I don't know his faith background. Does anyone remember a group from the eighties called "Up with People"? That's what he reminds me of.

BROOKE!! I LOVED her at first. NOW I am so tired of her! She keeps acting like, "I can't believe you are criticising me! How can this be?"

And she INTERRUPTED Mariah Carey last week, who was in the middle of saying something nice to her.

It's like she just can't be still and listen!

Sayeesha needs to make her career on Broadway, and this might just do it for her. That would be so great.

Jason-- I think he is just a little too dumb for me, now. What he can't google "Cats" before he sings before Andrew Lloyd Webber?

Also, I thought David Cooke showed real class when he was teasing about the whole "hard to imagine a beatiful seventeen year old girl thing" by calling him "Lord Andrew". I think he has really grown in his professionalism, too.

That's my take.

Have fun in Florida!

5. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Sounds like fun in Florida!

You deserve it!

Hugs