Re DLPA Lisa Dcnfngrs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Gretchen12, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

How much DLPA are you taking? I bought the Pure Encapsulations 500 mg. Started taking 500 mg. 2 times per day three days ago and feel a difference already. Wondering if I should up the dosage to 500 mg. 3 times per day.

Help,

Gretchen
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I take 2,000 mg per day. Sometimes if I'm feeling a little off, I'll take 3,000 mg.

I know this isn't what you're supposed to do, but I almost always take it all at the same time, right after waking up.

I would make an effort to split it up, but I digest my food so slowly that the idea of an "empty stomach" at any point from breakfast until bedtime is pretty foreign.

T3 does not seem to help that slow digestion problem. Neither does supplemental stomach acid or digestive enzymes or Vitamin C.

Maybe after I start seeing the Chinese doctor, I'll start digesting my food more quickly. If so, then I'll start splitting the DLPA into two doses (i.e. morning and then early afternoon), which is how you're supposed to do it.

Best, Lisa
  3. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

Thanks so for your replies. I will try 1,000 mg in the am
    & 500 mg early afternoon. I certainly don't want to take
    it later in the afternoon if it can affect sleep--I have enough sleep issues as it is.

On another front, oh heck, I will start a new thread on this one because I think it is important.

Gretchen