Re good effects of Epsom Salts

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rozmund, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Rozmund

Rozmund New Member

Wonderful news on the Hydrogen Peroxide - makes sense to me. There is also a type than
    can be ingested - but I am scared to mention the source but go to googles Dr. Len Horowitz, who has written many books and is a soldier in the causes and cures for AIDS. Apparently lactic acid is built up in the muscle tissue and at night during REM sleep the brain neutrilizes it and we are supposed to awake refreshed - FMers do not work right in this area any longer - but Epsom Salts draws out the lactic acid and that is why for a short time anyway - pains are diffused - my doctor explained to me that way - I use 1 cup in "warm" water - up to my neck - for half an hour, after any heavy activity such as gardening. Has kept me going for years.
  2. Rozmund

Rozmund New Member

Wonderful news on the Hydrogen Peroxide - makes sense to me. There is also a type than
    can be ingested - but I am scared to mention the source but go to googles Dr. Len Horowitz, who has written many books and is a soldier in the causes and cures for AIDS. Apparently lactic acid is built up in the muscle tissue and at night during REM sleep the brain neutrilizes it and we are supposed to awake refreshed - FMers do not work right in this area any longer - but Epsom Salts draws out the lactic acid and that is why for a short time anyway - pains are diffused - my doctor explained to me that way - I use 1 cup in "warm" water - up to my neck - for half an hour, after any heavy activity such as gardening. Has kept me going for years.
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I take a "regular" bath before work each a.m. and my "special bath" at night~~~I do so look forward to these everyday!!!! I read a book while there and just "prune up" all over. I think this is why I've been sleeping better!
    Love,
    Kady
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have several books on Peroxide Therapy, the food grade kind, but I have always been a little hesitant to try it, as peroxide does kill the bad as well as the good.

It is a powerful grade, and can be dangerous in the wrong hands.

It is a serious thing to try, and that is the reason I don't post it either.

You no doubt have a very good physician.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

In fact, one can actually be read online. My friend, Richard, gargles with HP, but I cannot hack it. I have used it to brush my teeth mixed with baking powder and it is very good for the gums.

I would be very hesitant to go beyond just adding the regular type to my soaks. There are people who have actually had IV transmissions of HP. Has anyone here tried it? Has it helped?

Love, Mikie