RE: HEAD/NECK INJURIES..THE RESPONSE IS OVERWHELMING!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lindasue, Sep 30, 2002.

1. lindasue

lindasue New Member

****Please refer to the Head or Neck Injury post

Thank you, thank you!!
    I can't believe the number of you that have written back and have had neck injuries. I'm sorry for ALL of your hurts and pain! My heart & love goes out to EACH & EVERYONE of you. And I must remember to love myself as well.
    We just have to remember that we ALL are ohhh sooo very special and stick together in this! As I've said before, we may loose a few battles with this DD...However, WE'LL win the WAR!!!
    I'm going to get in touch with someone here at the "Pasadena Star News" in Southern California and try to convience them do a series in the paper (possibably over a few weeks) on EBV/CFIDS/FMS, because I JUST DON'T think enough people know about this. Or even know that this is WHAT they have, and I believe too many people say that it is just an, 1. emotional problem 2. laziness 3. that we are WEAK 4. we want attention 5. WE ARE HYPOCHONDRIAC'S 6. unreliable and so on and so forth....you know the idea's a lot of people have. I know that there have been article's and even some television media coverage on this..BUT DANGIT, I want more research and attention given! And I'm going to what I can to help. If you have anymore ideas email me at dlindasue1@aol.com.

2. lindasue

lindasue New Member

****Please refer to the Head or Neck Injury post

Thank you, thank you!!
    I can't believe the number of you that have written back and have had neck injuries. I'm sorry for ALL of your hurts and pain! My heart & love goes out to EACH & EVERYONE of you. And I must remember to love myself as well.
    We just have to remember that we ALL are ohhh sooo very special and stick together in this! As I've said before, we may loose a few battles with this DD...However, WE'LL win the WAR!!!
    I'm going to get in touch with someone here at the "Pasadena Star News" in Southern California and try to convience them do a series in the paper (possibably over a few weeks) on EBV/CFIDS/FMS, because I JUST DON'T think enough people know about this. Or even know that this is WHAT they have, and I believe too many people say that it is just an, 1. emotional problem 2. laziness 3. that we are WEAK 4. we want attention 5. WE ARE HYPOCHONDRIAC'S 6. unreliable and so on and so forth....you know the idea's a lot of people have. I know that there have been article's and even some television media coverage on this..BUT DANGIT, I want more research and attention given! And I'm going to what I can to help. If you have anymore ideas email me at dlindasue1@aol.com.

3. pamela

pamela New Member

You bring tears to my eyes when you wrote what you just did. I think your great trying to get this out more. We are not lazy or hypocondriac's or want attention. Believe me if I wanted attention I would do something far better than this to get attention. Emptional problem? I am the happiest person alive besides dealing with this dd. Weak? Not me. I always try to fix things ASAP!!! I'm a fixer!!! Keep up the good work and i'll try to think up stuff to help. Pamela
  4. lindasue

lindasue New Member

THANK YOU PAMELA!!
    I need the encouragement to move (perhaps slower than usual, HA) and do ALL I can to help all of us!! Together we can do anything.(well almost anything...I don't think I go play a set of tennis today)! :( But, I'm going to do all I can to try and make people understand what this DD is all about...I'll keep you posted on anything I achieve in this area and I can use all the help you can give me.
    Many soft hugs,
    Linda
  5. sean

sean New Member

I believe injuries and surgery can significantly lower the immune system, and aggravate these conditions, possibly in some cases, cause them. There's no doubt in my mind that Fibro/CFS are immune problems, that have the same effect. That being that they severly suppress the immune system, causing it to go faulty resulting in long term problems experienced by people with fibro/CFS. Whether it be injury, major operation, virus or something else. Sometimes the immune system just goes a bit daft, and over reacts, causing fatigue and neurological problems long after it really should. This would seem to fit with the latest research into cytokines, which are a kind of hormonal substance, secreted by white blood cells when they are stimulated into action, to protect the body from injury, disease, virus ect. My theory is that the white cells have gone faulty and are secreting cytokines when they normally would not, in other words they have become over sensitive. Well thats my theory anyhow, and it would seem to fit in with latest research on certain immune system related conditions. I sometimes wonder though whether researchers wan't to find the answer to certain conditions. After all if it was really easy to find the answer to all these problems there would be a lot of unemployed scientific researchers. While ever they are getting funding for research into these conditions they don't have to worry about what they will be doing next. Maybe I'm being a little bit unfair, but it sometimes scientific research seems to contradict itself.
  6. lindasue

lindasue New Member

Sean,
    I have only come aboard the "good ship CFIDS/Fibro" support board in the last week. Even though I have had this DD for YEARS! It HAS gone to sleep at times.....But then it wakes UP and puts me to sleep!!!
    This is the worse I have EVER had it and that is probably why I finally realized I HAD to talk to others whom have/understand what is going on with me...Sometimes even when I DON'T understand something new that is happening!!
    You have been most informative with you postings...I try and read what you have to say when I see your name...
    NOW, don't think I DON'T do the same With everyone!!!
    Hey, Thank you ALL for being here for me...
    soft hugs,
    Linda
  7. sean

sean New Member

Hi linda sue, this is a great board for support,you can get great feedback from people, and find out things that you did not know about. The board and the people on it give me great strength, and help me to understand better the nature of my condition. At the moment I'm not too bad, Although just a few weeks ago I was really in a bad way. It has helped me by seeing what pain other people have, That no matter how scary the pain can be on occasion, it usually calms down within a fairly short period of time.
  8. sean

sean New Member

Hi linda sue, this is a great board for support,you can get great feedback from people, and find out things that you did not know about. The board and the people on it give me great strength, and help me to understand better the nature of my condition. At the moment I'm not too bad, Although just a few weeks ago I was really in a bad way. It has helped me by seeing what pain other people have, That no matter how scary the pain can be on occasion, it usually calms down within a fairly short period of time.