Re : IBS/and all that jazz....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Holly_RN, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Holly_RN

Holly_RN New Member

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm sitting thinking to myself, that I am very worried about my IBS at this very minute. I've had it for years with the Fibro, but instead of it staying status quo, it is becoming more and more like Crohn's or Ulcerative Colitis. Talk and mention of Fissures and such reminds me of that. I am quite worried because the last 4 or more bouts of the diarrehic stuff has had blood in it, along with some pretty painful sores I can feel inside. I'm really frightened that I may have flipped into something, and it's not just the Irritable bowel anymore.
    Too scared to go to the Dr. :-( Silly huh?
    Does nayone out there have full blown Crohn's, or Ulcerative Colitis? What does it feel like?
    With friendship,
    ~Holly_RN~

2. Hippen

Hippen New Member

You need to go to the doctor immediately young lady !!!! Years ago, they thought that i had Crohns or ulcerative colitis. They scoped me...not fun but showed that I did not have Crohns. Blood in your bowel movements is not good as I am sure you now that. Is the blood dark or bright red???? Ulcerative colitis can produce blood in the stool...so can bad hemmorroids (spelling?) The brighter the blood means that the bleeding is closer to the anal opening and that it has not been there long...I know that this sounds weird but....it is a good sign if it is brighter red. Dark blood means older blood and implies that the bleeding is more internal in nature. I have IBS also but have found relief from Olive Leaf extract. I am not a doctor so i suggest you bite the bullet and head off to the doctor's office. I know that it is not fun and we will all be there for you in our hearts and minds. Please let us know how you are doing and what the doctor says please. I will be worrying about you until then. Take care of yourself. Lots of hugs for you !!! Hippen
  3. bitter-sweet

bitter-sweet New Member

You have to go in to the doctor before you end up in the hospital...not by choice. If it is crohn's, there is medication to help. I read your bio. We are the same age. We both like cats, and I love Leeann Womack's "I Hope You Dance" I use to love to dance, and I miss it very much. I'll be waiting for an update....don't hesitate now.