RE: MACULAR DEGENERATION

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by crossword, Dec 26, 2006.

1. crossword

crossword New Member

Just found out that I have macular degeneration - Have had problems trying to see while driving. Four doctors before told me that there was no problem with my eyesight and that my present glasses were just fine. This has been going on for five years and reached a point where I was scared to drive anywhere. I live in Washington state and it's difficult to see anyway with all the rain we have here and that I will be going blind. It's just a matter of how soon.
  2. JazzieS

JazzieS New Member

Hello,

I'm so sorry that you have Macular Degeneration .... it is scary, isn't it?

I have a PWC pal in Australia, who just had eye laser surgery for M.D. ...... just know that there's a treatment for is comforts, doesn't it???

Hang in there.

Jazzie
  3. ulala

ulala New Member

you with this? Did they tell you if you have wet or dry macular degeneration? This does not mean that you are going to be blind. There are new treatments and there are many clinical trials going on.

What did you doctor tell you?
  4. u34rb

u34rb New Member

Have you considered hyperbaric oxygen treatment, (HBO)? It's not a cure, but it could at least slow down the degeneration?
  5. ulala

ulala New Member

Ocuvite, and Bausch and Lomb's PreserVision are for age realted eye diseases. I just looked at the ingredients of PreserVision and it doesn't have lutein in it, which I'm surprised. I know there is another antioxidant that is very important for the retina. I will have to look it up. We have to be very proactive with our eyes because no one is gong to do it for us!

I also take Lutein and bilberry that I get from Swanson Vitamins.