RE: Migraines as a result of Herxs?? mikie, jelly or anyone with the experience?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Plantscaper, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I have heard that some people have extremely bad migraines during herxes with treatment by the ABX and/or heparin, or even olive leaf extract..Can some of you experienced people in regard to this, let me know how you get through that..is it mainly detoxing with water, or does Imitrex (regular treatment for migraines) work, or what? Since I can have extremely bad migraines, I need advice..some have sent me to the E.R. I have started the Olive Leaf Extract and I think I am herxing because of that with a real bad migraine...I need to be forearmed..Is there a good detox cocktail? [This Message was Edited on 03/05/2003]
  2. judywhit

judywhit New Member

try blending a whole lemon with about 3c. water. Add 1tbl of olive oil. I cut up the lemon and put peel seeds and all in the blender with water. After blending run through a strainer. Add the olive oil and put drink in fridge and drink throughout the day. shaking it up first. This drink will help give your immune system a boost. Keep us posted on your olive leaf protocol. I too am considering the abx therapy but would like to try natural first. good luck.
    Judy
  3. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN PREPARED..BUT I DID NOT THINK I WOULD HERX SO EARLY..CAN I USE CANOLA INSTEAD OF OLIVE OIL, OR IS THERE SOMETHING IN OLIVE OIL? I am going to make it right away...[This Message was Edited on 03/05/2003]
  4. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

But headaches can be part of the Herx Effect. Sorry I can't help. I usually just use OTC pain meds for the headaches as Morphine can make headaches worse. Except for during Herxing, since being on the ABX, my migraine-type headaches have gone away.

Love, Mikie
  6. judywhit

judywhit New Member

the virgin olive oil is essential. If you do not have any just drink the lemon juice until you can get to the store. I read in an article by Garth Nicolson about abx treatment that when doing this treatment or the natural treatment as you are it is very benifical to drink the whole lemon/olive oil drink. This should be used during therapy to boost the immune system to prevent relapse. Hope this helps. Keep us posted.
    Judy
  7. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Finally, my brain inflammation seems to be a lot less..I read, not too long ago, CFS docs referring to brain inflammation as a reason for a lot of the neurological symptoms..but it was greatly amplified today with the use of OLE...THAT IS REALLY POTENT STUFF!!!! THANKS FOR THE INFO..I DRANK ALL THE LEMON TONIC ALL DAY AND I THINK IT HELPED FLUSH THOSE BUGGERS OUT...YOU OUGHT TO TRY THE OLE..IT SEEMS TO BE EFFECTIVE ENOUGH...I WANT SAY MORE ON THE OTHER POST...LOL, AMELIA