RE: Multivitamins and Digestive Enzymes?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Plantscaper, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Does anybody recommend particular brands for Multivitamins and Digestive Enzymes? I have had a problem finding lipase and protease without rice flour, which would turn into a sugar substance for an insulin-resistant person..Does anyone recommend the MUltis or enzymes at this site, and if so, which?
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Of the supplements sold here. You can click and look at the ingredients.

Love, Mikie
  3. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

from Prohealth, and have been looking at the CFS/FM Multi with Malic Acid vs. the Mega-Multiple III, which looks a lot more comprehensive, and it includes the lipase and protease I have been looking for..it, also, includes the green foods which I have been told are good for these DDs. Do you have experience with either one or of any at Prohealth? I had looked at a health food store and their enzymes with the lipase and protease contained rice flour..do you know if that is an ingredient in any of the Prohealth multis? DO you know if that is sufficient amounts of lipase and protease in the Mega-Multiple? :) AMELIA[This Message was Edited on 03/16/2003]
  4. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

Metagenics brand enzymes called, "Azeo-Pangen Extra Strenth," and sometimes "Metagest" which is Betaine HCL. I have been most pleased with these two and have tried many other enzymes. I noticed on the bottle of Azeo-Pangen that it does not contain the two ingredients you were concerned about.

Primal Nutrition brand multivitamin called, "Master Forumla." Check out their website (that's the only place you can buy it). While sort of expensive at $129 a month, its actually cheaper than buying individual bottles of the numerous supplements my dr. had me taking. Plus, I'm getting a lot of extras. This is THE MOST complete vitamin I've found, and the amount of each ingredient is unbelievable. Before this, I really liked Solgar's Female Mulitiple with iron, but you have to take it three times a day; I prefer only two times a day, so I often skipped one and consequently, my iron levels were still too low.

Hope this helps,
    Annette
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Pancreatin will digest proteins for you, and comes from animal sources.
    It has the added benefit of having been shown in 4 studies to reduce inflammatory fibrin in the body.
    KLutzo
  6. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Thanks for the pancreatin suggestion, but do you need lipase and pancrease, and what digestive enzymes at ProHealth or otherwise do you recommend? I have CFS primarily, but also, have many symptoms of FM and I wondered what elements you think are important to have in your multivitamin? And do you recommend any particular brand? Thanks for the help... :) Amelia
  7. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I just saw your recommendations, today..somehow, I overlooked it, sorry..But thanks for all the info and I will investigate your suggestions..I don't know, though, if I could afford the MULTI..with all the other supplements I am taking...

TO BETTER HEALTH FOR US ALL,
    AMELIA