Re: pain meds from overseas

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mare-T, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Mare-T

Mare-T New Member

I had mention in my earlier post about a site a happened upon about ordering pain meds on line over seas. I am NOT going to do it, but I thought if there was one of us out there to the point they were desperate enough to do it, was it worth it. It seems too tricky and actually SCARY to me to be able to do that, if it was that easy, none of us would be having the trouble we do when it comes to getting pain medication when we absolutley need it.

I was wondering if anyone else had encountered a site like that.

Thanks for the heads up and opinions---its what I wanted!
    mare
  2. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

I was just checking out buying prescriptions for Fibrohugs via Canada. I think the Fibro site is in Canada.
    I've sure heard enough about people driving to Canada to get meds.
    But I'm afraid to give all my info online, on a non secure site. I've e-mailed them about it and will see.
    Someone here was haing a problem getting Neurontin though their Insurance Co. and this could be a solution.
    4oomg for 14.95
    Ziggy
  3. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

I couldn't tell by your post if people had already responded to your earlier post. If so how do I find it?
    I may get desperate enough, best to plan for the worst and hoep for the best!

Ziggy
  4. Flibble

Flibble New Member

I get most of my meds from Canada, Australia and other countries. I have done this for years. I do not have insurance and the meds are way cheaper for me. I have been diagnosed with FM and I know what is offered us here in the US by doctors if you're female it is always antidepressants and it must be your uterus solutions. Well pardon me, that is not always the answer! So I took control over my own health and that is my rant for the day. Good Luck! Flibble
  5. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

I don't have insurance either, and doctors, well you know..
    How can you get medications that aren't prescribed by US doctors in another country.
    I hope I'm not getting too personal. If so I understand.
    Ziggy
  6. barelyme

barelyme New Member

Could you email me please? I'd love to get some info on how to do this... we have horrible insurance and have been thinking this would be a good way to go.
    Thank you!
    sherri@bak.rr.com
  7. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Which meds have you found most effective? I basically tell my dr. what I want to try and he does it. LOL I am
    always the one who has to come up with new ideas, not the other way around. So I understand where
    you are coming from.
  8. Dara

Dara New Member

I have some information that might be helpful to you. Would you like me to e-mail you with it?

Dara
  9. Flibble

Flibble New Member

I will e-mail people if you guys tell me how that works on this site. How do I get your info? Flibble
  10. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Hi,
    My email is in my profile, which you can find
    my clicking on my name and others when you are logged in. Am most interested in what you are taking.
    Thanks.
    Lynn
    [This Message was Edited on 06/03/2003]