Re-post Abdominal Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maps1, Jan 25, 2009.

1. maps1

maps1 Member

Sorry did not realize my last post would bring up all the old replies. Re-posting new information and going to try to delete other post.

I am so angry and also a little scared.

I have been in so much pain for so long finally am coming close to some answers.

Doctors were emphatic on the pain being fibro, ibs or in my head. My naturapathic doctor asked my cfs doc to run a whole bunch of tests which reluctantly she did and have just rec'd results and i am so so angry. Some of the results are so off the chart - inflamation - blood in urine - albumin - albumin to creatine - crp - esr are all way out.

Saw the cfs doc who told me to go to gp doc and get referall to urologist (this will be the doc that basically told me no more tests go away), she did not explain in detail why and cant remember what test i am supposed to ask for but did say they may want to do a biopsy. Have made appointment with gp doc for tuesday. Of course all of a sudden the cfs doc wants me to provide her with a list of what herbal my naturapath was giving when i was last there i offered this information and she was not interested.

Took the results to my naturapath who was not at all surprised and after explaining to me what the tests were for told me that i was only months away from needing dialasis (sp). I am so shocked and angry.

Even on my first visit to her i told her i thought my body was shutting down. She has been treating me with anti-inflamitory and support for the kidney, liver and gall bladder, she said as i have a cyst on the right kidney and gall blader, a lesion on the liver that she was very concerned about the left kidney.

In the last week or so i have been feeling twinges in the right kidney area as well. Now i know why i have become so ill in the last year.

Now along with being angry and shocked i feel scared. No-one has said what it might be so does anyone out there no anything about this kind of thing? Is it possible that it is cancer even though the ct scan showed nothing. Any suggestions on where this may take me would be appreciated.

I know it is going to be weeks before i get an answer as i first have to wait to see urologist, that is even if i can get regular doc to do referral which i think he would be to scared not too. then i will have to wait for results from any further tests so really would appreciate some input on what tests to expect and anything on above.

Thank you all so much

maps

2. tandy

tandy New Member

For starters ,...try your best NOT to get too freaked out.
    hard to do,I know. I spaz out everytime something new comes up with me.(which seems to be an awful lot) Your best bet would be a urologist given the tests results so far.
    I have many of the same issues,... but not all.
    So much stomach pain for one and being told thats its probably IBS gone haywire.
    I too had a scan done and it showed an enlarged gallbladder,... tho drs. think its ok.(go figure)

My sed rate it way up too,..and I have microscopic blood in my urine.
    I did have a blood clot removed a few yrs ago from my right kidney to.
    But currently the urologist is thinking I have IC. (iterstitial cystitis)
    Just figured I'd mention that so you can possibly check into IC symptoms and see if anything rings true with you.
    I had an in office cystoscope done and urodynamics testing done on my bladder in Nov. 08.

I'm hoping I can find your old post to see if your symptoms match mine at all any more than I think they do. We sound like we have alot of the same issues going on??
    wishing you tons of luck at getting some answers~
    I'll check back later on this eve before bed.
    take care
    Tandy
    [This Message was Edited on 01/25/2009]
    [This Message was Edited on 01/25/2009]
  3. maps1

maps1 Member

Thanks for the reply i am freaked out and cant seem to calm down but i think part of it is i was so sick of docs attitude and my fighting to get some one to acknowledge the pain that i started on the naturapathic journey and was feeling positive.

Now I have to go back to docs and start the hassle all over again, plus of course what the results will be.

I am not even clear on my pain anymore, one doctor told me kidneys do not have pain anyway this is what i feel.

I have a constant pain in left side just under my rib cage which does not pulse or throb just the intensity changes. From there i feel discomfort and sometimes pain down to the low pelvic area where i feel tenderness to achey feeling.

My naturapath explained to me that the pain was coming from the kidney area and then travelling down to the bladder area. She also said that the bowel/intestine was right in front of the kidney and when full could be pressing on kidney making the pain worse to the point that my whole abdomen seems to be on fire. The way she explained it fit perfectly except for that doctor saying kidneys do not have pain.

Does this sound at all familiar. Currently I am taking the herbal anti-inflamatory which most of the time keeps it from becoming to intense but i am also using occasional tylenol three and heating pads especially when i try to sleep. I waking up every two or three hours and need to turn on the heating pad or take half a tylenal, it is totally wearing me out.

Like everyone else here i just get so tired of the whole thing i just want some peace.

Thanks for listening.

maps
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

sorry I did'nt get back on last night.

Just read your reply this am.
    Hmmmmm?? the naturapaths explanation makes sense. note,.. the correct spelling for that IC is interstitial cystitis.
    I do feel alot of your symptoms,... tho alot of mine starts right in the upper center of my gut. then travels down like you had said. Its no more to one side than the other. Seems when its at its worse my whole torso hurts like hell. from my ribcage down to my bladder.
    I get bloated feeling too,...and my pulse goes up when the pain is bad.
    Do you pee more often,... or smaller amounts,or very urgent need to go??

To the best of my knowledge,.... you CAN have vague pain in the kidney area. probably nothing sharp or stabbing but an ache,yes. Do you feel any pain in your backside with this?
    and is your bladder area so painful its even very tender/hurts to touch? my back hurts too when it gets this bad. almsot like a pancreatitis attack ?? its crazy weird. and crazy painful.
    All I know is if its IBS,... which I do have....dx with a colonoscopy,... then its pretty bad IBS!!
    I was thinking also that the cat scan (abdominal) should show everything right?
    I mean,.. if there was something really serious going on,..it'd show up ?
    I'm still having tests ran and nothing of a concrete DX has been made yet.
    Tho the urologist thinks I may have IC.

sorry for bombarding you w/ tons of questions :)
    I'm just trying to figure all this out. For me and you :)

I too am getting an attitude w/ drs. attitudes.
    It just seems like no-body really cares to get to the bottom of our complaints.
    They are real,and have been extremely draining physically and mentally.

hope this has helped a little.
    I do know what your going thru.
    hang in there~
    will check in again this afternoon.
    (a heating pad has helped me somewhat too)
    I'd be lost without one~

5. maps1

maps1 Member

Yes, yes, yes from under my breasts to the end of my torso is daily agony and it changes from hour to hour.

I do have major digestive problems and never know when i lay down if i am going to feel naseua, pain, chills, sweats, bloating to the nine months pregnant mark and yes i get the total adominal burning pain.

I am also really out of it, doc appointment tuesday!

Thanks
    maps
  6. maps1

maps1 Member

docs appointment went exactly as i thought, useless.

after looking at the test results he blamed some on the fact that i used to smoke, others on the fact i take bp medication and the inflamation on cfs. he did say that maybe it was time to check into the blood in the urine but no hurry he would make a referral to urologist it won't have for months.

he did write a note to my naturapath giving her permission to treat me!!@!!! I can't tell you what thoughts were going through my head but decided not to waste my energy.

When he finished i just said OK then he said "you must be feeling better, just the way you said Ok was much more decisive". I need this attitude - not. Anyway will talk to the naturapath wed and see what she says.

I have actually had a fairly good day to day, no expectation that it will continue but always that little bit of hope the herbal treatments, acupuncture and body work is helping.

regards
    maps
  7. maps1

maps1 Member

yes, i am done with doc's right now. i was even thinking it was odd as the doc usually fills in the paperwork and walks out with me but today he stayed in his office and now i wonder if he is even going to make a referral. Even if he did it takes months before we get an appointment here in Canada.

I think it is so sad though, how the docs makes us all feel.

I think i will post the test results and see if anyone here is knowledgable (sp and thinking is too hard right now)

Urine:
    Albumin 47 normal up to 30
    creatinine within normal
    albumin creatinine ratio 3.1 normal <2.8
    rheumatoid factor-serum 16 normal <14
    blood moderate (hi) normal - none
    c-reactive protein - 21

Blood
    rdw 15.7 norman 11.5-15.5
    sedementation rate (esr) 26 normal to 20
  8. maps1

maps1 Member

yes, i am done with doc's right now. i was even thinking it was odd as the doc usually fills in the paperwork and walks out with me but today he stayed in his office and now i wonder if he is even going to make a referral. Even if he did it takes months before we get an appointment here in Canada.

I think it is so sad though, how the docs makes us all feel.

I think i will post the test results and see if anyone here is knowledgable (sp and thinking is too hard right now)

Urine:
    Albumin - 47 normal up to 30
    creatinine within normal
    albumin creatinine ratio - 3.1 normal <2.8
    rheumatoid factor-serum - 16 normal <14 ( show no sign of any rheumatisim)
    blood - moderate (hi) normal - none
    c-reactive protein - 21 Up to 7

Blood
    rdw 15.7 norman 11.5-15.5
    sedementation rate (esr) 26 normal to 20

Never hurts to ask i guess, but sometimes i am sooo tired can hardly get thi finshed.

regards to all
    margery