RE: Prayer for Teacher

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Honey45, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Honey45

Honey45 New Member

Hi to everyone! I teach 2nd grade and have a very challenging class. I'm not feeling well. Pray that I do not have a major flare-up. Two years ago I had to take 1/2 of the year off due to severe fibro. I no longer have the extended days to take off. I've had fibro. most of my life---not fun to live with---as I age it seems to be getting worse. Flares occur more often and last longer. I have zero energy and hurt all over. I'm not being fair to my students because I'm unable to give 100% as in the past. Currently, I'm going to a PT for medical massages and using a devise for fibro. pain. Please keep me in your prayers. I apologize for being long winded!

Thanks so much,

Honey 45
  2. springwater

springwater Active Member

Sorry to hear about your fibro...it must be so difficult teaching when you yourself are suffering such discomfort. I pray that you are touched by Gods healing light and can go about life as a healthy happy person.

God Bless
  3. Honey45

Honey45 New Member

Springwater,

Thank you so much for answering my post. I was beginning to think that people didn't pray much any more. (Sorry, that wasn't nice!) I'm still feeling poorly. We have "Open House" this Monday at school---please pray that I make it through the day and evening. Monday will be a busy day. I'm low on energy supplies and high on pain levels. Thanks again for being so kind. Your prayers are appreciated!!!

Honey45
    [This Message was Edited on 09/08/2007]
  4. ixoye

ixoye New Member

Dear Lord,

You know our needs even before we ask. Heavenly Father I know you will answer my prayer because it is in line with your word, and your word says put you in remembrance of your word and command ye your hand. Father show your glory once again, and answer my prayer like you have in the past and heal Honey45 and all others of this dibilitating disease in Jesus name I pray.

1 Peter 2:24 "By His stripes you are healed"

Amen
  5. webintrig

webintrig New Member

Just when you think nobody is praying for you and surprise...they are people with wonderful christian values that care very much about you.

I used to be a teacher but it got to me to bad. It became a busy and an overwhelming job over a period time and I just could not carying on. Hang in there the rewards that you get from teaxhing you make { is in a young person's life}.

I will pray that the madness of school calms down and you are about to catch up and most of all that is having the special job you have by pleasing the Lord!

Have a blessd day^

In cheistian love,
    webby
    [This Message was Edited on 09/09/2007]
  6. Honey45

Honey45 New Member

Thanks to all of you for praying for me. I'm doing a bit better!

Honey45
  7. Honey45

Honey45 New Member

ixoye,

Oh my goodness! What a testimony you have! You haven't had an easy life and you still have faith in God---WONDERFUL!!! I am also a born again Christian, but my story is boring compared to yours. I just read your Bio---don't know if I should cry or laugh! I'll pray for your son.

Thanks for your kindness and prayers!

Honey45
  8. ixoye

ixoye New Member

How are you? Thank you for your prayers.

I wanted to explain that most of what had happened to me on my bio, happened before I had a relationship with Jesus Christ. At the time I thought I had a connection with God because I believed in Him and I prayed to Him, but I didn’t know Him. I didn’t read the bible, and for the most part I didn’t go to church. I was struggling and praying to God for years but no change was ever taken place, and I never felt His presence.

My life only began changing when I hit rock bottom and I surrendered all. I cried out to Jesus and pleaded with Him to take my life. God had mercy on me and He touched me, I started seeking God with all my heart and from that day forth my life began slowly changing for the better.

My son is still a work in progress, but he is doing what he can right now to cope with his daily struggles. I continue to pray and put my hope in the Lord, my son is in God’s hands, and I patiently wait in faith that breakthrough will come once again.

God bless
  9. Honey45

Honey45 New Member

Ixoye,

Hi! I haven't been on this site in some time. I wanted to thank you for your responses to my posts. I just read your last post today! Shameful! Thank you for your prayers. I'm hanging in there. I have 24--2nd graders which require every brain cell and ounce of energy I can muster. My pain issues do not help matters. At least, I'm able to work! I hope you have a great week.

Honey45
  10. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

God bless you for being a teacher. ITs a hard but rewarding job. I am not a teacher but have taught Sunday school for 10 years. Praying that God will give you a nice boast of energy and adequent pain relief.

I give you props for going to work everyday. It must be so hard. We farm but I am getting more and more limited to what I can do. Luckily our son is 16 now and he can do alot of the work I used to do. I can stay in and rest if I`m feeling really bad.

Best wishes,
    Sandy