re Rename CFS....I HAVE A QUESTION

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Leaknits, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

To begin, I am totally in favor of the name change from the CFS or CFIDS term that is now used in the U S.

I understand that what is now called CFS or CFIDS here was once more correctly termed M E, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.

There was a statement in the posted message re "Sign The Petitition...Rename CFS," however, that I do not understand.

copy/paste below:
    ME should not be considered a subset of CFS, for the hallmarks of ME will not be present in the population of CFS patients once the Ramsay criteria are established in the US.
    Please, what is this "Ramsay criteria?"

I also do not understand the part about "the hallmarks of ME will not be present in the population of CFS patients..."

I know I am having trouble understanding these things because of the rotten cognitive issues...could someone please tell me what is meant by the things I asked about? Does the second item mean that CFS and ME are not the same thing?
    Thanks in advance,
    Lea.
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

Sweetie, I can't answer your question, I am so braindead!

But, violahh can...why don't you post to her specifically...

Good luck...

findmind
  3. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

I know what you are saying. I have been reading about the idea that cfs is not me and it gets confusing.

However, I have always thought they were different names for the same thing and the terms are used interchangeably in many of the book I have read. I think some of the confusion is because of the different term usages in different countries.
  4. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

SKEESIX, FINDMIND, BUTTERFLY...thank you very much for replying! I knew someone would have the answers; it's good to find an open space in the fog, lol.
    Lea.
  5. mezombie

mezombie Member