re: SSD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jackie2day, Aug 28, 2002.

1. jackie2day

jackie2day New Member

Thanks friends for all the words of encouragement and information.

I,m in North Carolina the "right to work state" or what I've come to think of as the "right to suffer in agonizing pain and poverty state".

I also like the idea of getting Oprah onto exposing the plight of CFIDS suffers. However, if she hasin't responded by now I don't think she will. We're probably not quite newsworthy/ratingsworthy yet. Maybe a mass suicide will get someones attention. Lord knows the pain has been so bad at times I've considered my own little going away party.
    I'll hold off for now though, and wait and see what happens next.

j2day

2. jackie2day

jackie2day New Member

Thanks friends for all the words of encouragement and information.

I,m in North Carolina the "right to work state" or what I've come to think of as the "right to suffer in agonizing pain and poverty state".

I also like the idea of getting Oprah onto exposing the plight of CFIDS suffers. However, if she hasin't responded by now I don't think she will. We're probably not quite newsworthy/ratingsworthy yet. Maybe a mass suicide will get someones attention. Lord knows the pain has been so bad at times I've considered my own little going away party.
    I'll hold off for now though, and wait and see what happens next.

j2day

3. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

I say instead of a mass suicide we gather all the jerk doctors together and hold them all hostage!!!!! LOL!!!!!! I think that would get their attention! haha!!!!
    Hope everyone knows I am kidding! :)[This Message was Edited on 08/28/2002]
  4. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Let us know how you make out on the 14th. Keep coming here & finding all the info you can...and read the posts by people who have had these DDs for years and are doing much better in many ways. I've found hope in this site.

If you decide you're not satisfied w/ your dr, there are good doctors who will help you. There's also some great info on supp. and other ways we deal with some of the symptoms. There's been sites posted on how to get pain meds if you need them, so you see there's lots of resources for you.

Many fms/cfids sufferers end up suffering from depression because of the frustration of uncaring drs & trying to find a dx, plus of course the unrelenting pain & fatigue. Notice I did not say depression is the cause of fms or cfids. If you think you may be slipping into a clinical depression (chemical imbalance) there is help for that. The Mental Health Assn. has a great site www.depression-screening.org for a confidential screening test & info on depression. I don't approve of drs arbitrarily putting people on anti-depressants b/c they think the pain is all in their heads; however I have & will again take anti-depressants to treat my clinical depression when necessary.

Also, I'm still using techniques I learned in therapy from years ago...they've really helped me, so if your dr suggests counselling, I highly recommend it (to anyone) to learn different coping skills & little tricks, I call them, to keep me up.

Best of wishes to you, jackie, and keep us posted on how you're doing. We care. Michele
    [This Message was Edited on 08/29/2002]
  5. jackie2day

jackie2day New Member

Maybe I really am falling off the deep end since I think the hostage idea isn't so far off. After all we're held hostage each day by cfids and the uncaring medical community. Maybe a little "John Q" justice is needed.

Just kidding! (I think)

It's a nice dream anyway.

Thanks for a smile!

j2day
  6. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

At least you have your sense of humor! A definite must for what we're going thru!

I chose "not to go there" re hostage situation, lol. Didn't want to get going again.

Michele
  7. jackie2day

jackie2day New Member

Thanks Michele, for the advice.
    I am on my 8th round of anti-d's (serzone)and I guess they help but I don't really feel that they make much difference.
    I had to resign from a job I really loved 2 years ago .
    I lost my home and my husband in the same time frame.
    My grandma died the week of Mother's day this year and my baby girl who was so beautiful at 24yrs fell to her death two months later. My mother is in the hospital for heart surgery in NJ and I cant even go to her.
    My favorite sister is now on dialysis in NJ and not following drs orders so she's probably a goner soon.
    I've got my daughter's 4yr old to care for until she can find a job. (my daughter not the 4yr old) Boy can they move fast when did 4yr olds get so fast! LOL
    My pain continues to escalate and although I've found a doctor who appears to understand the meds prescribed are only slightly effective.
    I have a hearing date at SSD on the 14 of next month and I am not very optimistic of the outcome. I do fear my reaction to the outcome. I will visit this site often for I feel that I will need it. I feel like my friends and family are sick of hearing about this and I don't think they really understand. (Have you noticed how folks think if you are not working you become the designated housekeeper?)
    Thanks, for a chance to kvetch! I NEEDED THAT!!! lol

Tired now. Will check in later.

Boy I hate this DD!!

J2day

8. jackiec

jackiec New Member

Welcome, Jackie!! The brain fog has settled in for the day, so I have to be brief, but your posts have really caught my attention. So glad you still are able to share your sense of humor despite all the heartaches you've gone through recently. I have a feeling you are going to be a real inspiration to many of us here!

Good luck on your upcoming hearing. It would be nice to see another person here be able to get thru the system without all the major hassles that usually accompany our efforts.

Keep your spirits up. Will be in touch again.

Jackie (aka: J.C., or the "other" Jackie)