RE: the recent post about who hasn't gotten sick this year...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KayL, Apr 9, 2003.

1. KayL

KayL New Member

I am one of the ones who has NOT been sick this year and I was stupid enough to *gloat* about it.

Well, I am eating those words now. It is major allergy season here in south Louisiana, and I'm allergic to oak pollen. There just happens to be this huge oak tree in my neighbor's front yard, which has been shedding it's garbage for the last 2 weeks.

Saturday I spent quite a while hosing off my driveway and car and sidewalks to get that yucky stuff off of there so it didn't get tracked into my house and Sunday I started with the allergic reaction. Tuesday I woke up with a sore throat and a monster sinus headache. Today I feel absolutely awful, can hardly swallow, feel like I have a fever, and my eyes feel like they've been boiled in crab boil.

Guess I should have kept my big mouth shut about not being sick this year, huh?
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

....reacting to allergies isn't the same as catching a virus or infection, though. In many ways it feels MUCH WORSE---I know, I have severe inhalant and food allergies. You will be miserable longer than a cold or flu, usually, as long as those oak allergies are kicking up, can be weeks or months. So I know you feel horrible (trees & grasses are my worst enemies!) but technically you haven't succumbed to sickness, your streak is safe.

Hope you feel better, though, some of my worst moments have been due to allergies!

Hugs,
    Pam