Re: treatment of orthostatic hypotension

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by victoria, Sep 24, 2003.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

I just got the following info @ orthostatic hypotension. Just wondering if the following info about B12 has worked for others. I used to have it a lot, but it went away before I ever took B12, but not for any obvious reason.... also maybe this can help somebody simply without taking another 'drug'...

The Mayo Clinic has "invented" a treatment for people who experience dizziness upon standing up from a sitting or lying position, a condition called orthostatic hypotension. The drug pryidostigmine is proposed as the cure. [Journal of Neurology Neurosurgery and Psychiatry 2003;74:1294-1298] A press release issued from the Mayo Clinic states: "No drug treatments that are free of side effects are currently available to treat orthostatic hypotension." That's true. But a vitamin can. The Mayo Clinic researchers fail to report that the problem emanates from a vitamin B12 deficiency. Researchers in Austria have conclusively shown that, with vitamin B12 deficiency, the nervous system may be unable to adjust in a timely manner to changes when rising from a sitting or lying position, which can result in dizziness or fainting. [Autonomic Neuroscience 2002 Apr 18;97:45-54] Researchers in France proved that the provision of vitamin B12 resolves every case of orthostatic hypertension. [Review Neurology (Paris). 1998 May;154:342-4] Also, the drug pyridostigmine is an acetacholinesterase inhibitor. So is the Chinese herbal extract Huperzine. Don't tell this to the Mayo Clinic doctors. They've been pushing drugs and shunning vitamins and herbal remedies for a long time now. The provision of pyridostigmine will mask the deficiency of vitamin B12. The title of this report should have been: "Modern medicine casts another blind eye at natural remedies." -B Sardi, Knowledge of Health,

Victoria

[ advertisement ]