Re: What meds Rhuemy gives me that help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nanday, Oct 2, 2005.

1. nanday

nanday New Member

I wanted to let you all know something that may Rhuemy gives to me that helps me get through the day and night, flexeril. It's a mild muscle relaxant. I also take plaquenil. She gives me Darvacet but I rarely take it because it does not help. I feel the fewer the meds the better.
    I also have to take bi-polar meds: Effexor XR, klonopin (low dose), topomax, lexapro (just one a day) those meds are way down from what I used to take. My p.doc really got a great formula for me. Of course everyone is different.
    I also have to take levoxyl for hypothyroid (this is important for all u with cfs and fibro to have checked and I mean REALLY checked, not with that simple test they do, but with the ones where they really break down your blood).
    And finally I have genetically high cholesteral lucky me,
    and am allergic to almost all the meds for it, except zetia which I am taking right now along with flaxseed to try to get my count down.
    I try to excercise but if and when I do I pay for it and I can't afford to do that because I am taking care of my mom and dad who have had 8 strokes between them and I am the only one here to care for them. They live about an hour away and I have to drive it because of the small farm I live on....the animals have to be taken care of every day.

Plus sniff sniff my 23 year old kitty is dying of cancer i'm afraid, she is down to 4 pounds now and I have to get her to the vet. When it rains it pours doesn't it???

Love and hugs and hope to you all!
    nanday
  2. dee3

dee3 New Member

Hi Nanday,

Just wanted to say that I also use flexeril and seem to have found a combination that helps me. I take 1/2 tablet of flexeril (5 mg) and Paxil 20 mg at night, I also take 60 ml of Gogi Juice a day. (Fairly new product I found at a trade show that is supposed to help everything from diabetes
    and fibro to arthitis and cancer) I can't say I'm 100% but I definitely have more energy and am able to spend more quality time with my kids!

Dee
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

I also take Plaquenil for my Lupus, and Zanaflex (instead of Flexeril) before bedtime.

I also take Neurotin and Cymbalta for the fibro pain and neuropathy.

Have you ever tried taking Fish Oil capsules (ecentric coated so there is no after-taste) or something like Super Omega Complex capsules for your high chlorestrol? My mother takes the fish oil and I take the super omega complex in addition to Lipitor for my chlorestrol. It really helps my levels -- my recent lab work was great!!

I can relate to you taking care of your parents. We also live on a farm and when I first retired, my father was in end stage renal failure. He got really bad for 1-1/2 years and I had to drive back and forth almost daily to help take care of him, going to dialysis, doctors, hospitals, etc. He had a medical crisis every day it seemed like.

It's rough, but something that you just have to do.

Sorry to hear about your kitty. You are really having just all kinds of problems, aren't you. I hope things get better for you soon.

Hugs,
    Janet