Read my MRI already...Sheesh

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by myjoy, Feb 22, 2007.

1. myjoy

myjoy New Member

Ok, I can't take this anymore. I had my MRI this past monday (on my injured shoulder), and nobody has called me back yet. I spoke with my rheumy's nurse on tuesday, and she said she would call as soon as it came through. She's a good gal.

I've been in lots of pain since last night. Actually I've been in pain since I hurt it a month ago. But the last 12hrs have been nasty. Even went to the vicodin.

Guess I'm just whining. But I want to know if I need surgery, or this is slow healing from the fibro. Am I being silly to think it should be back already? I used to work in an ER where everything was done quickly. That's probably my problem.

myjoy
  2. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I understand your frustration. I had my ct scan on January 16th and don't get the results back intill March 1st. ugh!

If you have a tens unit that might help break the pain cycle or even ice packs or a heating pad/heat cream (like ben-gay)

Hope you get feeling better..
  3. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I don't remember the exact time frame, I think it was about 2 weeks or so.
  4. BobinGermany

BobinGermany New Member

I hope you get the results back soon! I also hope you get some relief soon. I think the suggestion of warm or cold packs is good and a TENS machine may really help. I have 2 of them. You can find them on e-bay really cheap and from my experience they really help to block the pain. If you are interested in TENS units leave a message for Prickles. She has one and loves it and can probally give you some advice on how to use it.

Over here in Germany when you get a CAT Scan, MRI, X-Rays, etc there is always a radiologist there to read the tests and tell you what is wrong as soon as you get finished with the procedure. I am a worrier and it really helps me alot. I remember in the States waiting for answers and it was stressful.

Get well wishes,
    Bob
    [This Message was Edited on 02/22/2007]